Excursions in Villefranche & Toulon

tasha4860

We are on RCI and have made excursion arrangements for our three Italian ports, but haven't seen quite as much discussion on the French companies - we are using RomeinLimo in Italy - any suggestions on a similar company in France? We stop in Toulon and Villefranche.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back and used Tania from Provence Tours in Toulon.

We went to Les Baux (Medival Castle / town), then visited an Olive farm for tasting and then on to Aix en Provence.

440 euros for the day for 4 of us.

Had a great time. She was very knowledgeable and took us for a tour in both palces

• 1 month later...
Just got back and used Tania from Provence Tours in Toulon.

We went to Les Baux (Medival Castle / town), then visited an Olive farm for tasting and then on to Aix en Provence.

440 euros for the day for 4 of us.

Had a great time. She was very knowledgeable and took us for a tour in both palces

Sounds good...happy cruising...Joanne

We used Private Shore Trips in Villefranche. They were excellent. We were a group of 8 and I think the cost was $540 euros for the eight of us

I am thinking of using them can you tell me who the guide was?

I am so sorry, I can't think of his name--I may be able to find out though. We missed the introductions because due to an emergency medical evac we actually missed our tour time by 45 minutes and he came back to get us after dropping the rest of the group in Monte Carlo. Outstanding service. They did a follow-up via email after we got home too.

We had a very large--extra large-- van/bus for the eight of us. He was a guide/driver and didn't actually go into the sites with us, but did commentary along the way.

I think I am going to use them based on your recommendation. If you could possible find out who your driver was that would be great. They are asking for a credit card payment up front which many of them do not. That is the one thing that concerns me, in the event we get sick we are stuck being there is not any cancellations. Did you pay for the tour upfront on your credit card?

When we booked they did not ask for a payment up front but did want our credit card number (I was the one who arranged the tour) as a guarantee to hold the tour. If we, or one of the other couples, did not go, the card would be charged for their tour anyway. But all four couples acually paid for the tour in cash after it was over.

In our follow-up email the company told me that they had charged our credit card for our portion of the tour, when we were not there on time, but as soon as they realized that we were able to join and complete the tour they reversed the charge. This showed up on our statement correctly.

When we used Rome in Limo for Florence this is how they handled payment also; we gave them our credit card number as a guarantee but paid at the end of the tour in cash.

It is a little scary to be liable for the tour even if someone doesn't make it, and in our case the three other couples were strangers who joined us on our roll call. It all worked out fine, but of course it is possible that if someone could not make the tour the others would each have to pay more.

Still looking for the guide's name! I think it started with a G? I know, not very helpful.

When we booked they did not ask for a payment up front but did want our credit card number (I was the one who arranged the tour) as a guarantee to hold the tour. If we, or one of the other couples, did not go, the card would be charged for their tour anyway. But all four couples acually paid for the tour in cash after it was over.

In our follow-up email the company told me that they had charged our credit card for our portion of the tour, when we were not there on time, but as soon as they realized that we were able to join and complete the tour they reversed the charge. This showed up on our statement correctly.

When we used Rome in Limo for Florence this is how they handled payment also; we gave them our credit card number as a guarantee but paid at the end of the tour in cash.

It is a little scary to be liable for the tour even if someone doesn't make it, and in our case the three other couples were strangers who joined us on our roll call. It all worked out fine, but of course it is possible that if someone could not make the tour the others would each have to pay more.

Still looking for the guide's name! I think it started with a G? I know, not very helpful.

A helpful hint: When I used RomeinLimo recently for 3 ports in Italy (a lot of money to go on MY credit card) I asked the other two couples that I found through the roll call to email THEIR credit card info to RomeinLimo so THEY would be charged individually if THEY were a no-show, even though I made the initial arrangements.

Its a real leap-of-faith to be financially responsible for total strangers.

It turned out great - Romeinlimo is wonderful - but I was still wary of being responsible for total strangers.

A helpful hint: When I used RomeinLimo recently for 3 ports in Italy (a lot of money to go on MY credit card) I asked the other two couples that I found through the roll call to email THEIR credit card info to RomeinLimo so THEY would be charged individually if THEY were a no-show, even though I made the initial arrangements.

Its a real leap-of-faith to be financially responsible for total strangers.

It turned out great - Romeinlimo is wonderful - but I was still wary of being responsible for total strangers.

That's a great idea--it didn't occur to me to handle it that way. It is a little scary to put your trust in total strangers that they will actually join the tour or pay their share if they don't show.

It worked out fine for us as everyone who signed up on the roll call actually did show up, but there were no guarantees--and I put this all together at only about a week out from cruising--way too close for comfort.

Archived