Is there more than one place to dock in Livorno?

cprofits

I cannot find someone to share a tour with us from our roll call so we are considering joining a private tour arranged by someone on an RCCL ship that will be in port the same day we are. I just wanted to make sure this was a good idea and that the two ships (HAL and RCCL) would sort of be in the same place.

Thanks!

I cannot find someone to share a tour with us from our roll call so we are considering joining a private tour arranged by someone on an RCCL ship that will be in port the same day we are. I just wanted to make sure this was a good idea and that the two ships (HAL and RCCL) would sort of be in the same place.

Thanks!

There are two areas in Livorno where cruise ships dock and they are quite a distance from each other. One is near the city itself and the other is somewaht north and east, in a truly industrial area.

And even if you both dock at the large industrial dock area......IT IS HUGE.

Our guide told us it is the largest port in Italy and one of the largest in the Mediterranean. I believe it. It took us 15 minutes of driving to get out of just the port area :eek:

There are two areas in Livorno where cruise ships dock and they are quite a distance from each other. One is near the city itself and the other is somewaht north and east, in a truly industrial area.

You are 100% correct. They are very far from one another.

We were just there last month and we docked at the one much further than the town and other times we have been much closer to the town.

Keith

We were just there and everyone was either shuttled out or on a tour. There were no taxis inside the port. You are not allowed to walk out. Be sure to find out if they're close! HAL was right beside us (RCCL) when we were there last week.

Archived