Where is the Century?

LV2COOK

We are sailing on the Century this Thursday...it appears there was no roll call before us....anyone know anything? Private charter? Also, last few reviews were not so hot...anyone have positive comments?

I don't know where Century is this week, but would guess a charter.

But I can reassure you with positive comments. We were on the April 8 4-day cruise to Key West and Cozumel and loved the Century! Having recently sailed on M-class vessels, we were afraid that it would feel to small, but that was certainly not the case.

Although I never got around to writing a full review (shame on me!), we found the service to be outstanding and the food to be at least on par with our recent cruises on the Summit. Highlights of our cruise were the Martini Bar (Boom Boom is the most awesome bartender we have ever encountered), dinner at Murano, and the wonderful guitar music and singing by Franklin.

Our only disappointment was the AquaSpa Cafe. That had been a favorite of ours on the M-class ships, but the presentation of the food and loud atmosphere of the room did not appeal to us on the Century. On the other hand, we usually try to avoid the buffet, but the one on the Century was better than we remembered on other ships. Waffles and Eggs Benedict were particularly good breakfast choices!

Just the other day, DH asked if we could sneak away for another short cruise on the Century sometime soon to get the one cruise credit we need to make it to Select. He was very disappointed to learn that she is now cruising in the Med. :)

Don't be worried by the negative reviews. Let me know if you have any specific questions ~

We just got off the Century from the May 3rd cruise and had a great time. Yes the airconditioning was a problem in the halls as they were playing with the computer settings after the drydock, but the crew and the ship was great...we loved every minute.

DW and I are mid 50's with 42 cruises under our belts with various lines. We sailed the Century 5/3-10 and really enjoyed ourselves. Go with an open mind, realize the ship is 15 years old without all of the newest bells and whistles, and you should enjoy it. In our experience, reciprocated kindness goes a long way in making your cruise a memorable one. Although she is not new, she still looks good for her age, and the crew treated us like royalty!

LV2Cook, since you are cruising on Thursday on the Century, would you mind checking to find out if the pool lift has been repaired and is in working order since the drydock? We cruised before the drydock on the Century and the lift was not working at that time, but we were told that the lift would be repaired and the battery replaced.

We are considering booking the Century again, but only if the pool lift is now working. When we book a cruise, we select a ship with a pool lift so that our disabled family member can enjoy the pool and hot tub--since he is in a wheelchair, he can only enjoy those features if there is a (working) pool lift. So if the lift is not working on the Century, we will look booking a cruise on another ship. Thanks.

Will check it out and let you know about the lift.

Thanks for good reports...I am well aware that the ship is older and I picked it because it is a smaller ship...more concerned about mechanicals and food. My trip on the Solstice was a disappointment as far as the MDR....specialties were fantastic.

I don't know where Century is this week, but would guess a charter.

But I can reassure you with positive comments. We were on the April 8 4-day cruise to Key West and Cozumel and loved the Century! Having recently sailed on M-class vessels, we were afraid that it would feel to small, but that was certainly not the case.

Although I never got around to writing a full review (shame on me!), we found the service to be outstanding and the food to be at least on par with our recent cruises on the Summit. Highlights of our cruise were the Martini Bar (Boom Boom is the most awesome bartender we have ever encountered), dinner at Murano, and the wonderful guitar music and singing by Franklin.

Our only disappointment was the AquaSpa Cafe. That had been a favorite of ours on the M-class ships, but the presentation of the food and loud atmosphere of the room did not appeal to us on the Century. On the other hand, we usually try to avoid the buffet, but the one on the Century was better than we remembered on other ships. Waffles and Eggs Benedict were particularly good breakfast choices!

Just the other day, DH asked if we could sneak away for another short cruise on the Century sometime soon to get the one cruise credit we need to make it to Select. He was very disappointed to learn that she is now cruising in the Med. :)

Don't be worried by the negative reviews. Let me know if you have any specific questions ~

Other than room service, are there any late night snacks available on board??? There used to be gourmet bites available at various bars through out the ship....is this still something they do???

Yep, Best Buy had her chartered for 5/15. I bet that boat is rocking! Only one Elite CC member was scheduled to be on board for that cruise. Ti-Anne is helping out with the chartered group since she has no Elite Lounge stuff to do.

5/10 was just about the best cruise we have had on X. I could not hope for more attention from the senior officers. Upgrade from an inside to a concierge Class cabin---first ever! Treated to dinner in Murano. Captain's table for dinner. What a great cruise! Now, back to an ocean view in October. It was nice while it lasted! BTW, Ti-Anne is a sweetheart.

Archived