Past Guest Rate Question

Millerhead

Sorry in advance if this sounds stupid. I have 2 cabins booked on Valor for July - one balcony and one inside. There are 5 people in my group but only one of us (the one in the balcony room) is a Past Guest. We have received the past guest rate for the balcony room, but not the interior. Is this correct? Do you have to have a past guest in each room of your party, or does the rate apply to all rooms in the party? I'm thinking of upgrading the interior to a balcony and the difference in price is huge between the 2 rates. It makes sense to me that you probably have to have a Past Guest in each room to qualify - but I'm just checking to see if anyone knows for sure. Thanks!

I agree with you. We just booked and are going with friends who have never cruised before so we had to book with my husband and I in separate rooms to get the past cruiser discount for both rooms.

Do you and your DH have 2 different past guest #s? I've been having trouble when I put my DH in with the 1 past guest # that I have. Also, do I understand correctly that you can either get ES rate OR past guest rate, not a combined discount?

Do you and your DH have 2 different past guest #s? I've been having trouble when I put my DH in with the 1 past guest # that I have. Also, do I understand correctly that you can either get ES rate OR past guest rate, not a combined discount?

Yes, we each have our own number. Go to the Carnival web site and sign him up. Yes, one rate or the other--no combined discount.

No rates can be combined... whichever they are, senior, military, past guest, whichever. You get whichever rate is lower, is how Id book.

If you originally book ES and then past guest dropped lower, then you can put in for a rate reduction to the current past guest rate...but you will still be ES, even if you price match to a different rate.

Yes, we each have our own number. Go to the Carnival web site and sign him up. Yes, one rate or the other--no combined discount.

Thanks!

No rates can be combined... whichever they are, senior, military, past guest, whichever. You get whichever rate is lower, is how Id book.

If you originally book ES and then past guest dropped lower, then you can put in for a rate reduction to the current past guest rate...but you will still be ES, even if you price match to a different rate.

Thanks!! And I didn't know that second part, thank you for the info. You rock!!!

Archived