Toilets in Monte Carlo & Ajaccio?

Britiscruizin

I always like to get my priorities right & as we "do our own thing" at most ports I like to know in advance where the "facilities" are & what coinage we'll need!!!:confused::rolleyes:

So any information on the various locations of the loos/toilets/restrooms would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to reply:)

Have noticed your queries in various threads throught the ports of call forum regarding bathrooms.......

we have found the best bet is to find a nice cafe/eatery or whatever and have a bit of a rest with a cup of coffee, a crepe or just a cool drink and then use the loo........

they are usually much nicer and cleaner than the public ones. Have never encountered an establishment where you needed coinage to use them and only a few public ones that required a fee or a "donation" for using it.

Only found one "hole" in the floor so far....... in Provence France. :eek:

PS: In Monaco we had a wonderful French coffee at the Cafe de Paris (outside) and people watched ! Loo was free

I also like to know there are bathrooms available when I travel. I have found that a fast food chain restaurant such as McDonald's or Burger King is handy. The bathrooms are usually upstairs or downstairs and you usually don't have to buy anything. This worked well in Rome and London. We will be in Paris for 6 days prior to our TA from Dover and will use those places as needed.

Mscallieco

• 1 month later...

We need coinage on our last cruise for the loo. The going rate was either 1 or 1.5 euros :eek: and sometimes they were fairly nasty. I believe it was in Venice where we had to pay.

Kirk

There is a very nice public toilet down a little way from the palace. It's right by the gift shop that is across the square from the tour entrance of the palace.

Agree - a very nice clean loo. However it is small. We went to the palace to see the changing of the guard, not on an organized tour, and used the facilities as soon as we arrived. Then the tour buses arrived for the ceremony and the line up for the ladies' room was up into the square. I'm sure some women missed the ceremony completely.

Sheila

Archived