New ships in 2013+?

With the new Carnival Breeze coming out in 2012, I was thinking, do you think Carnival will introduce more ships in 2013 or later?

I personally would like to see Carnival get some Luminosa Class (aka Spirit Class II) in 2013 or later. After all, Carnival's CEO said there are no plans to introduce any ships larger than the Dream Class ships, so I personally think the Luminosa Class is the way to go. After all, there will always be a need for smaller ships, and maybe such ships like the Spirit/Luminosa Class might be an ideal replacement for the Fantasy Class in the future.

For the name of the new ship class under the Carnival banner, I would personally call it the Innovation Class.

I echo your wishes.....economics would dictate otherwise:( bigger ship....more people cost/cruiser lower

Well, Costa feels that there is still a need for smaller ships, which is why they introduced the Luminosa Class. The Luminosa Class is mostly based on the Spirit Class, with the front and rear ends of the ships derived from HAL's Vista Class ships. The Luminosa Class design would be ideal for Carnival's next class of ships after the Dream class. After all, Carnival's CEO officially said himself that there are no plans to introduce any ships larger than the Dream Class, so I personally think a Luminosa-based design would be the best option for Carnival's next class of ships. There will always be a need for smaller ships, and perhaps a Spirit/Luminosa-based design would be the perfect replacement for the Fantasy Class ships when the time comes to retire them.

As much as I'd love new Spirit-class sized ships, I doubt we'll see any until it's time to retire the Spirit class. Smaller ships are not as profitable. the only reason to keep them around is for the ability to reposition ships through the Panama Canal. Realistically, they only need a few ships to be able to do that on a regular basis.

Well, Costa feels that there is still a need for smaller ships, which is why they introduced the Luminosa Class. The Luminosa Class is mostly based on the Spirit Class, with the front and rear ends of the ships derived from HAL's Vista Class ships. The Luminosa Class design would be ideal for Carnival's next class of ships after the Dream class. After all, Carnival's CEO officially said himself that there are no plans to introduce any ships larger than the Dream Class, so I personally think a Luminosa-based design would be the best option for Carnival's next class of ships. There will always be a need for smaller ships, and perhaps a Spirit/Luminosa-based design would be the perfect replacement for the Fantasy Class ships when the time comes to retire them.

Hey, I love the Spirit class size, and my personal preference would the same as yours. It is my favorite class as well. Without doing some G2 work on the subject, my bet would be that the cost for the Costa Luminosa or the HAL Vista are close enough to the Dream class that it comes back to my point. Does CCL want ships that have 2,600 people or ships that have 3,700 people. My bet says the latter. Lastly, they have just invested a ton of money in the refurb and adding of balconies to some of the Fantasy class of ships. Doubt they will retire these soon. Carnival's plans are for more ships in more home ports not less. All that being said, after seeing what their sub company Ibero did with the Holiday...now the Grand Holiday....maybe they should do more of that.

As much as I'd love new Spirit-class sized ships, I doubt we'll see any until it's time to retire the Spirit class. Smaller ships are not as profitable. the only reason to keep them around is for the ability to reposition ships through the Panama Canal. Realistically, they only need a few ships to be able to do that on a regular basis.

Since they are expanding the Panama Canal, it won't be a problem in a few years. All of Carnival's ships will be able to go through the Panama Canal.

Archived