Bernard's Tours is the BEST!!

GeckoGirl

Just got back from our cruise, we docked Wed in St Maarten. I had prebooked a private tour thru Bernard's due to all the great recommendations on this board and that was the best tour ever! We had Dave as our guide and he took us around the entire island. Gave us beer, rum punch and water the whole day.

We met Calvin, the sea urchin guy, at a beach and got to hold live sea urchins and starfish. We stopped for a while at Orient Beach for some sun, stopped at lots of sites for awesome views of the island on both the French and Dutch sides. Stopped at the new Radisson Hotel and it was very nice.

Went to Marigot, had lunch at Enoch's place which Dave recommended and it was delicious, especially the plantains. We got to shop at the open market also and then Dave got us to Maho Beach just in time for the big jets to come in. We stood under them and also got sand blasted from one taking off. It was great. We had 4 planes come in and one take off while we were there.

Dave was very knowledgeable about the island and answered all our questions. He pointed out all kinds of interesting places and things and even stopped at a pharmacy so my friend could get some wrapping/tape for her ankle that she injured a few days before. He knew exactly which pharmacy carried what she wanted. We had tried to find the wrapping/tape she wanted at a couple pharmacies in St Thomas and could not find it.

I would highly recommend Bernard's to everyone. You will not be sorry! Enjoy.

How many in your group? How much? How long? Type of vehicle?

We had 6 people, did an all day tour from 8 - 3, it was $350 total so approx $58 a person for a 7 hour tour. We did have to put down a $50 deposit when we booked. We were in a mini van.

Glad you had a great time. I couldn't agree with you more on everything you said about Bernard's tours. We had the best time with him and loved the island. Would recommend it to everyone and would probably do it again when/if we go back to St.M/St.M.

We are booked for his private tour in June...We have 9 people--5 adults and 4 children....It was $450.00 is a $50.00 deposit also...Glad to hear that you liked his private tour!!!I'm starting to get excited!!!:):)

Have a great time, you will not be disappointed. Next time I go to St. Maarten, I will be booking Bernards again.

When we got back to the pier Bernard himself was waiting to meet everyone as they got back from their tours. You might even have Bernard himself do your tour. We really liked Dave our tour guide alot, he was great. He told us he has worked for Bernard for 5 years and Bernard only picks the best guides for his tours, because he wants exceptional service for his guests.

Just got back from our cruise, we docked Wed in St Maarten. I had prebooked a private tour thru Bernard's due to all the great recommendations on this board and that was the best tour ever! We had Dave as our guide and he took us around the entire island. Gave us beer, rum punch and water the whole day.

We met Calvin, the sea urchin guy, at a beach and got to hold live sea urchins and starfish. We stopped for a while at Orient Beach for some sun, stopped at lots of sites for awesome views of the island on both the French and Dutch sides. Stopped at the new Radisson Hotel and it was very nice.

Went to Marigot, had lunch at Enoch's place which Dave recommended and it was delicious, especially the plantains. We got to shop at the open market also and then Dave got us to Maho Beach just in time for the big jets to come in. We stood under them and also got sand blasted from one taking off. It was great. We had 4 planes come in and one take off while we were there.

Dave was very knowledgeable about the island and answered all our questions. He pointed out all kinds of interesting places and things and even stopped at a pharmacy so my friend could get some wrapping/tape for her ankle that she injured a few days before. He knew exactly which pharmacy carried what she wanted. We had tried to find the wrapping/tape she wanted at a couple pharmacies in St Thomas and could not find it.

I would highly recommend Bernard's to everyone. You will not be sorry! Enjoy.

How do I get in touch with Bernard? We will be going July 3rd with and 11 old boy. We have been to St Maarten many times but first with an 11 yr old.

Thinking about taking this tour in aug, just have a ? We want to get into the water at one of the beaches but we would like to take our good camera. Do you think it's safe to leave it in the van while at the beach?

I just contacted Bernard. We want to do the tour on October 13th as we are on the Carnival Dream on the 9th of October 2010 sailing. I love the website and we are most excited about going to the beach by the Airport!!! Yay! Thank you for the information!

I can also highly recommend Bernard's!!! LOVED him and the tour. We had enough in our group to go private and it was only $40 pp. We just wanted extra time at the beach, but pretty much stuck with the itinerary as outlined on his website. Of course we went on a Sunday so most of the shops were closed. You also get rum punch, beer, soda and water and they will park the van right there at the beach and you can go back and forth and get refreshments! We parked near Club Orient at the end of Orient Beach at Pedro's. Orient beach is probably one of the most beautiful beaches we have ever been too. There's a rock barrier that divides the "nude" resort side of the beach from the rest of the beach. The people we saw there you really wouldn't want to see without their clothes on, so it was no big deal.

Here's a couple of pictures for you to enjoy and get excited about!

Bernard:

PC120062.JPG

PC120098.JPG

PC120102.JPG

Maho Beach:

maho%20beach.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I just contacted Bernard. We want to do the tour on October 13th as we are on the Carnival Dream on the 9th of October 2010 sailing. I love the website and we are most excited about going to the beach by the Airport!!! Yay! Thank you for the information!

Hi Guys,

We are on Freedom of the Seas and have a private tour for our group booked for `10/13, so far 21 folks and probably 30+ before we sail. Bernard comes highly recommended, hope we all like him. We have changed the tour some, no beach time as we are all seniors, no sun exposure for us.

Do you know how many people are in a non private and costs? ?

RonnieD, I just received an email from Bernard and he quoted me $300 for a group up to 6..... or $40 for his tours that seat 10 or 14 or 25 or 33 people per van.

I hope this helps............. Ed:D

I've really enjoyed reading all the reviews on Bernard's tours. It was very helpful. I don't usually go for a full tour package as my husband and I usually like to go exploring on our own but this is our first time on a cruise and I was more worried about navigating around and getting back in time for our cruise ship to leave so I decided to book a tour through Bernard's tours so we could see a little bit of everything. I've sent in the request for August 31st.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived