Happy Birthday Rhapsody of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas made her maiden voyage 13 years ago today, May 19, 1997! She is the fifth of the Vision class ships and was built in Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France. Rhapsody is the sister ship to the Vision of the Seas.

Her godmother, Bodil Wilhelmsen, is the wife of Royal Caribbean principle shareholder Gjert Wilhelmsen.

Maiden Voyage: May 19, 1997

Passenger Capacity: 2,435

Godmother: Bodil Wilhelmsen

Gross Tonnage: 78,491

Length: 915'

Beam: 105.6'

Draft: 25'

Cruising Speed: 22 knots

Rhapsody lovers unit. Happy Birthday lady. Shall she find her way home to Texas where she belongs. Texans have a special place in their hearts for Lady Rhapsody.

She was our first cruise too, and we are going for a B2B on her later this year to bring her to her new home in Australia ..... sorry Texas we want to keep her for a year or two ...... I must say though that my favourite entertainer on Rhapsody has to be Derek Lewis .... yep he's a Texan !!!!

Cheers

David

She was our first cruise too, and we are going for a B2B on her later this year to bring her to her new home in Australia ..... sorry Texas we want to keep her for a year or two ...... I must say though that my favourite entertainer on Rhapsody has to be Derek Lewis .... yep he's a Texan !!!!

Cheers

David

I, personally, am excited about Rhapsody since I'll be doing the 11-nt Queensland cruise on her in 2012! :):)

Archived