flights out of Panama City

gdpups

I think the real question maybe what time you can be off the ship and on the road. If you on the road by say, 8:30, that could be doable. Under normal conditions, (ie no traffic jams etc) you should be able to get to the airport in under 2 hours. I don't have any idea how smoothly the disembarkation and government formalities are. Do you have a later flight that day you could use as a back up or would you have to wait until the next day?

The only other option is a 7:30 pm flight that would get us home very late. My hubby has to work the next day, so would prefer the earlier flight. I know it would be taking a chance, just wanted to see if anyone has done it and how doable it is.

I know given the times it is doable, now the but... I have not done it. I'm familiar with the area travel times to the airport etc. Sorry I can't help you with the arrival of the ship and all the fun that can accompany the disembarkation. Hopefully someone else with more direct knowledge can help.

I can't remember all the details of our trip, but we did manage to catch an 11:38 a.m. flight out of PTY with minimal stress. I have no idea when when left Colon, though. I'm pretty sure it was around 7:30. It did take a while to check in for our flight, but we were merely going to Costa Rica, not back to the states.

I don't think your schedule is overly risky, but there is some risk. While most here might not do it, I'd take the 12:30 over the 7:30.

Good luck

I have another Panama transportation question for those of you in the know. What options are there getting from Panama City to Colon, We are looking at a cruise next March and plan to spend a night or two in Panama city before catching the ship in Colon. What are the options for the less adventurous? thanks

Bill

That's probably the same cruise we booked for next March on RCL. I just booked the flight going to Panama on Friday and the ship leaves Colon on Sunday. We plan to stay in Panama City until Sunday morning.

I emailed myfriendmario and gave him my plans and he emailed his prices for transportation from airport to hotel, different tours and transfer from hotel to cruise. He's highly recommended on cc, so I'll probably go with him.

For the trip from Panama to the port on Sunday he also offers the option of dropping off the luggage at the port and touring the canal there before returning to the ship. All with rates.

Archived