Emerald Princess Ultimate Ship Tour

LAC2

Cruising the Emerald 11/8/10 to Eastern Caribbean.

Does anyone have any advice to give for obtaining a spot on the "Ultimate Ship Tour"? Space is very limited and my husband would love to be part of it.

DH is retiring just prior to our cruise and thought it would be a great "Retirement" gift for him.

Has anyone taken the tour & is it worth it?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

My DH just did this tour on our 5/2 - 5/9 Emerald Princess cruise and loved it. The time in the Bridge was cut short due to the medical emergency when the USCG had to take someone off the ship. But other than that, he had the best time and enjoyed every minute. They got photo opps with the captain, entertainers, cruise director, etc. Later that evening, he received a pkg with a plush nice robe (not cheap version), chefs coat, photos from tour, note pad with his name printed on it and a few other things I can't remember. Well worth the $150. Definitely book as soon as you get on the ship as I believe there were only like 12 or 13 slots available.

Thanks so much. Sounds great. Think I may put my name on the list too. The Emerald is the largest ship we will have cruised, so that makes it even more interesting.

We were planning on arriving at the port 12:30-1:30, but are now thinking we should get there earlier to get our names on the list.

Thanks again.

We did the Ultimate Ship's Tour on the Ruby Princess and loved it. When we boarded the ship, even before we went to our cabin, we went to Passenger Services and signed uo - we were the first on the list. I suggest that you do that. Enjoy. It is just great.

DH went down to sign up for the tour around 2:30 p.m. before departing Ft. Lauderdale and they stated they only had 3 spots left for the tour on the last sea day (Saturday). One thing to note is that no cameras are allowed on the tour. DH loves taking pics, but unfortunately this wasn't allowed. He was a little disappointed with that, but understood.

Have a great time on your cruise. :)

One thing to note is that no cameras are allowed on the tour. DH loves taking pics, but unfortunately this wasn't allowed. He was a little disappointed with that, but understood.

Even if the note says no cameras, take one and then ask about its use.

On our UST, pictures were allowed on the bridge.

On another thread, someone posted that pictures were allowed everywhere except on the bridge and in the enginee control room.

So the policy on this seems to vary from ship to ship.

Archived