I think I have lost my mind....

Has any one else done this? You have the perfect cruise set up for next year and then you get a flyer and/or e-mail for a cruise that you just can't pass up so you book that too?

I've got a great trip to Alaska planned in late May/June 2011. Then two days ago, I get an e-mail stating 6 cat. upgrade if you book now. This trip is perfect as I live on Long Island and it is out of NYC. Can't pass it up. So I booked it. Now have a BA cabin on the Gem for Dec. I think I've lost my mind...But can't wait to go!! Heehee.:):)

Has any one else done this? You have the perfect cruise set up for next year and then you get a flyer and/or e-mail for a cruise that you just can't pass up so you book that too?

I've got a great trip to Alaska planned in late May/June 2011. Then two days ago, I get an e-mail stating 6 cat. upgrade if you book now. This trip is perfect as I live on Long Island and it is out of NYC. Can't pass it up. So I booked it. Now have a BA cabin on the Gem for Dec. I think I've lost my mind...But can't wait to go!! Heehee.:):)

Your perfectly sane, join the group........we have 5 cruises booked for the next year and are searching for one more if we can get away from work. :)

we have 5 cruises booked

5 cruises booked:eek:. Now I am jealous!!!

Just kidding, that is wonderful. I wish I had enough vacation time and $$ to have 5 booked.

We book inside cabins and look for bargain cruises so we can afford to go more often. Now, if we only lived closer to a cruise port....we have an 11 hour bus ride to get to the pier in NYC.

We are very fortunate - we live in Florida and have 5 cruise ports between 90 minutes to 3 hours from our house. It makes it very easy to plan a cruise, no long drives or plane trips. Also get lots of Florida resident sales prices.

We are very fortunate - we live in Florida and have 5 cruise ports between 90 minutes to 3 hours from our house. It makes it very easy to plan a cruise, no long drives or plane trips. Also get lots of Florida resident sales prices.

I gotta move!

Amommyof2 - I see you are sailing on the Sky. We sailed on her when she was Pride of Aloha -had a great time. We are sailing on her sister ship, Sun in December, also Carnival Dream this October and Allure of the Seas, September, 2011. We also want to book Norwegian Epic, but not sure when yet, probably in 2012. So many great ships, so little time!

And I was just thrilled that I have one cruise booked later this summer. For those of you that are not retired, how do you get so much time off? I would absolutely love to have 3-5 trips booked to look forward to. Maybe we should start a strategy post to figure out how to getaway more. Congrats to all of you with multiple bookings...you've made me very jealous.

And I was just thrilled that I have one cruise booked later this summer. For those of you that are not retired, how do you get so much time off? I would absolutely love to have 3-5 trips booked to look forward to. Maybe we should start a strategy post to figure out how to getaway more. Congrats to all of you with multiple bookings...you've made me very jealous.

We work in the lobster industry here in Maine, our busy seson is May - November, so we cruise in the off months. A couple phone calls a day can keep the business running, with a good crew back at the wharf/office keeping an eye on things.

We work in the lobster industry here in Maine, our busy seson is May - November, so we cruise in the off months. A couple phone calls a day can keep the business running, with a good crew back at the wharf/office keeping an eye on things.

Are you hiring??? I'm sure your busy season is quite taxing (and as a lobster lover I thank you), but how nice that you have the down time to enjoy your passions. I'll have to live vicariously through you until I decide that the Manhattan rat race isn't all that.

I've worked at the same job for 17 years so I get 3 weeks off. I also work extra shifts and weekends to make up time/money. And it is soo worth it. :)

We manage to go once a year - and then dream the rest of the year, with the help of all you who post here on CC

Archived