Carry-On Wine Question

peanutzmom

Hi! Repeat Carnival cruiser here, but we haven't cruised in a couple of years. In the past we have always carried on a "6-pack" of wine for our 7-day cruises (i.e. a bottle a night) and have been cleared by security with no problem. While online filling out Funpasses and such today, I read in the FAQ that you can only carry on one bottle per over-21 guest? Period? No more of the old one bottle per night rule?

So, my question is for very recent cruisers -- has anyone carried on more than one bottle per person out of Miami? Or are they being very strict about it?

In light of the new "No Liquor Through BV" discussions that are going on, it would be really frustrating to have both of our legitimate sources of not-so-overpriced-drinks thwarted!

They are usually being very strict about it. You used to be able to carry on two with two people and put two in your checked luggage, so you had 4 .. now they changed the rule to carry on only. If they are in your checked luggage they have confiscated them. yes. they seem to be slowly starting to stop more and more smuggling .. but a lot still gets thru. They havent really got crazy stopping it yet.

Archived