Which ship do you recommend?

knox72

We are just off Carnival Legend and have the itch to book another cruise. I don't really want to sail on Carnival again right away. We've been on Royal Caribbean but thought it would be nice to give Celebrity a try. I was thrilled to see their Western Caribbean makes a stop in Roatan, which was by far our favorite port from our Carnival sailing.

What ship would you recommend for a young family? Our boys will be 3 and 4 1/2 at the time we want to sail, the first part of January 2011.

We would appreciate any and all input you can send our way. Thanks in advance.

Short answer? Any. Take your pick, but if you're itching, just book one fast!

Having said that, I can only say that the Solstice class is our absolute favorite of all ships that we've sailed. Lots of things to do for everyone, and these ships are incredible. Just book one!

We are just off Carnival Legend and have the itch to book another cruise. I don't really want to sail on Carnival again right away. We've been on Royal Caribbean but thought it would be nice to give Celebrity a try. I was thrilled to see their Western Caribbean makes a stop in Roatan, which was by far our favorite port from our Carnival sailing.

What ship would you recommend for a young family? Our boys will be 3 and 4 1/2 at the time we want to sail, the first part of January 2011.

We would appreciate any and all input you can send our way. Thanks in advance.

I believe you are looking at the Solstice with the Roatan stop and you cannot go wrong with any of the Solstice Class ships. They are spectacular and Celebrities childrens programs are excellent...

Depending on when you are looking to go, Eclipse or Solstice 7 nights western Caribbean or 11 nights on the Equinox. We are taking our 4 year old on Equinox in November. We have some great things to do having done the ports in the past. She was on the Solstice when she was 3 and had a blast.

We gave her her choice of ships as she's done a number of X cruises on different classes. She picked Equinox, which made my inlaws happy. They were going to join us if we did the EQ. Yes she got a say as we had 3 cruises my wife and I couldn't decide between. Mercury - Likely leaving fleet in 2011. Millennium - Fantastic itinerary. and Equinox - New ship for us with 2 new ports.

Archived