I think I got a pretty good deal

zincman

Im sailing with the gf on the Jewel December 26th in a J stateroom ( her birthday present). I wanted to do something a little extra so I enquired about the Balconys and Minisuites. They offered me a AF minisuite for less than 500 dollars over the cost of the J stateroom.. I booked of course.. did I do ok? This is our first time sailing with NCL, and I can not wait to suprise her with this trip..

I just took a quick look and see that its a $513 difference to go up 13 cat.

I think you did very well.

1) your not in an inside

2) you have a balcony

3) you have more room

Enjoy your cruise. Glad you took the upgrade. You will be to.

I think any time you feel good about doing something, you did good. The price may go higher or lower, but so what? The day you bought it, was a great deal, so no matter what happens, be happy.

Al

Im sailing with the gf on the Jewel December 26th in a J stateroom ( her birthday present). I wanted to do something a little extra so I enquired about the Balconys and Minisuites. They offered me a AF minisuite for less than 500 dollars over the cost of the J stateroom.. I booked of course.. did I do ok? This is our first time sailing with NCL, and I can not wait to suprise her with this trip..

Mini-suites are nice, but I'd rather put the $500 toward a second cruise. But that's just me.

She will be impressed. :) She might become your fiancee on this cruise!

I thought this but figured if he's gonna do that, he might as well go up one more cat. and get the butler to do it for him! lol

I thought this but figured if he's gonna do that, he might as well go up one more cat. and get the butler to do it for him! lol

I wanted to but its a big jump from a mini suite and Penthouse..ouch.

Was that per person? I called and I was offered a balcony, but it was $900 more! Our whole cruise with taxes and insurance was only $1100.

I didn't used to be this cheap...

it was 500 all together..

Let's not spoil the missus-to-be this early, LOL. Maybe for the honeymoon.

An early Congratulations on your upcoming engagement, zincman!

Good deal or bad, you are happy and that is number one. Now, yes, I think you did get a good deal. You will love the balcony and the extra cabin space. You are a great boyfriend, I bet she thinks you are a keeper!!!

Nita

• 3 weeks later...

I actually called and inquired about another family and was able to upgrade my small inside cabin to a balcony for less then the original price of the inside cabin...Not bad! I figured it was in the winter..why would I need a balcony to come up and down the atlancit and freeze...

but the prices on this trip are amazing!!

Archived