Barcelona Renaissance Airport

mafada

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport location for their pre or post cruise? I am using my Marriott points and this is the only hotel in/near Barcelona. I know it's out of the city, but the hotel does provide some sort of shuttles into town, has anyone stayed here and used the shuttle before? Is it worth it to stay far and use the shuttle daily?

Thanks,

I stayed there one night post cruise. It's a perfectly nice hotel, but it's completely isolated - no food, shopping, zero within walking distance. I'm a huge penny-pincher (couldn't travel otherwise), but Barcelona is so wonderful, it's really worth it to pay for a couple nights (at least) pre or post cruise actually staying in the city. Pre-cruise we stayed near Sagrada Familia and it was wonderful to be able to walk around at most any hour and be in the heart of everything.

They do have free shuttles a couple times a day, and shuttles you can pay for a couple more, but I'm very happy we just used it as our hotel for the one night before our early flight home.

I know their website has a link to the shuttle schedule and the costs for the different shuttles (they also offer pick up/drop off at the pier for a certain cost per passenger).

Best,

Mia

We've been to Barcelona several times. We usually prefer to stay at Hotel Jazz, a modern centrally located hotel near Placa Catalunya. However, we recently spent 1-nite post-cruise at Barcelona Renaissance because we wanted the convenient airport location for an early AM flight. Barcelona Renaissance was everything an airport hotel should be & we'd definitely stay there again under the same circumstances. But it wouldn't be our #1 choice for sightseeing Barcelona, regardless of the availability of shuttles.

Archived