colomitos snorkle excursion in pv.

r&rfraz

we are a 3 family group with several people having an interest in giving snorkling a try while on our mex. riv. cruise. i have almmosy decided on a 3 hour "privite boat" snorkle excusion to playa colomitos. it would allow for 10 people from our group to go together and also have the ability to move onto the beach if they get tired of snorkling (some members of the group are parents with smaller kids). i know the beach is small but look nice. i am wondering if it gets alot of traffic during the days cruises are in port. will it be packed with people or fairly quiet. how is the snorkling? any info would be greatly appreciated. 10 days and counting!!

we are a 3 family group with several people having an interest in giving snorkling a try while on our mex. riv. cruise. i have almmosy decided on a 3 hour "privite boat" snorkle excusion to playa colomitos. it would allow for 10 people from our group to go together and also have the ability to move onto the beach if they get tired of snorkling (some members of the group are parents with smaller kids). i know the beach is small but look nice. i am wondering if it gets alot of traffic during the days cruises are in port. will it be packed with people or fairly quiet. how is the snorkling? any info would be greatly appreciated. 10 days and counting!!

Playa Colomitos is located on the south shore of Banderas Bay. So remote, most people have never heard of it. You can be pretty certain that it won't be crowded on any given day.

I will assume that you located this excursion at Puerto Vallarta Tours. This could be a fantastic outing for your group but you should be aware of a few things-

The pickup point is at the Los Muertos Pier in Puerto Vallarta's Romantic Zone. That will require three yellow city taxis @ 80 pesos each or a couple white port taxis at $4 USD per person for your group of ten to reach your tour boat. (city bus is also an alternative but that may be more than you want to deal with when travelling as a group)

The Colomitos beach area will likely be virgin sand without any support infrastructure (no bathroom facilities, no snack bars).

The boat ride will likely be 45 minutes or so each way. Snorkeling from the beach will not compare with the Caribbean. It is what it is and the total excursion, the things you see and learn about, should determine if you got your money's worth.

Enjoy!

thanks for the great info. it sounds like it could be a great day. we will be sure to take water and food with us. from someof the pictures i have seen it looks like there may be some buildings just up the cliff. are there home sin the area or is ti completed remote. also how long will the cab ride be and where is the best place to catch the cabs. with this excursion we have some flexability with the time. should we do it earllier vs. later to beat the heat. thanks again for your help.:)

• 2 years later...

We are thinking of doing this or the cruise ship sponsored las caletas. I am wondering if anyone else did this Vallarta adventures private snorkeling.

Also wondering if there was a bathroom at all to use.

What was total time snorkeling?

Decisions, decisions!

Hopefully someone can post with their experience. I have found these boards to be so helpful when deciding what to do!

We are thinking of doing this or the cruise ship sponsored las caletas. I am wondering if anyone else did this Vallarta adventures private snorkeling.

Also wondering if there was a bathroom at all to use.

What was total time snorkeling?

Decisions, decisions!

Hopefully someone can post with their experience. I have found these boards to be so helpful when deciding what to do!

While I do know that Vallarta Adventures is the excursion operator for Las Caletas, I have never seen anything that ties them to a private snorkeling excursion at Colomitos.

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/private-colomitos-snorkeling.htm

Oops. Yes. Right you are. It is by puerto Vallarta tours.

I am leaning towards las Caletas for the bathrooms alone. I was worried we'd feel rushed snorkeling but it sounds like it can be hit or miss so having other activity options and a nice lunch seems like a good idea vs only having the snorkeling and beach there.

• 1 month later...

We're also doing Las Caletas this trip (we've cruised Splendor to the Mexican Riviera twice, with a third planned this Dec.). I've read nothing but good things about this particular excursion. We're super excited to finally do it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Our friends had a great time at the los colomitos excursion and it was a great price. Our family had a good time at las Caletas...just wish it was longer! Now I know that we all enjoy snorkeling I would go private next time because it would mean more time and a better value. Las Caletas was a good first snorkeling because not only did they snorkel, they also got to do the kids adventure where they went on a smaller zipline and got to see squirrel monkeys and ride a donkey.

Archived