BA posts another record loss

Sargent_Schultz

b?P=lgZQtUPDkjk1rWQzS6d6ygMNGPsmwUv2Nb8AC1fs&T=1ci0asuu0%2fX%3d1274426815%2fE%3d2142203358%2fR%3dfin%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1544410396%2fH%3dY29udGVudD0iZmluYW5jZTtyZWZ1cmxfZmluYW5jZV95YWhvb19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX2ZpbmFuY2VfeWFob29fY29tIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJsZ1pRdFVQRGtqazFyV1F6UzZkNnlnTU5HUHNtd1V2Mk5iOEFDMWZzIiBzaXRlSWQ9IjMwMDMwNTEiIHRTdG1wPSIxMjc0NDI2ODE1NzMxNjYxIiB0b3BpYz0iO3JlZnVybF9maW5hbmNlX3lhaG9vX2NvbSIg%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d5B92C343&U=12b6i45o3%2fN%3duI7UREPDhCg-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dNT1%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d0BA posts another record annual loss

British Airways posts annual record loss ahead of further cabin crew strikes

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/BA-posts-another-record-apf-996218844.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

You seem to gloat over any airlines' misfortune other than your beloved WN. I have yet to figure out how WN with their "low" prices and their profitable financials could get me to KWI, SGN or even ANC or HNL.

We all know you LOVE LUV and HATE any other airline. I really think you are jealous of the "entitlements". So you keep flying WN to the continental USA in "Greyhound" of the skies. I will continue to enjoy my priority check in and security lines, FREE luggage anyplace, my nice large ASSIGNED seat on a domestic flight, my bed on an international flight as well as my pillows, blankets, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, free drinks and many other goodies. We will both be happy.

Some perspective is provided by the figures just reported by Europe's other two big airlines.

Lufthansa reported a Q1 2010 operating loss of €330m and a net loss of €298m.

And Air France-KLM reported shocking figures: a €691m net loss for Q1 2010, and a net loss for the 2009-2010 year of €1.56b.

Against them, it's almost comforting to see an operating loss for Q1 2010 of £145m and of £231m for the 2009-2010 year, and a net loss of £189m for Q1 2010 and £531m for the 2009-2010 year.

AF-KL is an example of what can happen when hedging (on which WN depends heavily) goes wrong. It lost €637m on fuel hedges last year.

And greatam's point is entirely correct. Even if one would personally prefer to fly WN, at the end of the day WN only flies short local routes.

Sad as we really need them all to make money, yet we grip about prices, service cuts etc...

No company can lose money for ever, not even goverments.

At some point the customer must bear the full cost of the service. At least I'm one who would pay a slight premium for a safe, clean, ontime airline :D

You seem to gloat over any airlines' misfortune other than your beloved WN. I have yet to figure out how WN with their "low" prices and their profitable financials could get me to KWI, SGN or even ANC or HNL.

We all know you LOVE LUV and HATE any other airline. I really think you are jealous of the "entitlements". So you keep flying WN to the continental USA in "Greyhound" of the skies. I will continue to enjoy my priority check in and security lines, FREE luggage anyplace, my nice large ASSIGNED seat on a domestic flight, my bed on an international flight as well as my pillows, blankets, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, free drinks and many other goodies. We will both be happy.

I'm just the messenger. No need to stalk or attack me.

Archived