Miscommunication re: pre cruise alcohol sale thru BV per John Heald

MamaTene

From yesterdays blog:

A few days ago my friend Host Mach from Cruise Critic told me about a concern one of his members had when trying to order something from our Bon Voyage department. I put my investigative hat on and it seems that we made a bit of a boo boo ……..here is the official statement thingy.

“An unfortunate mis-communication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion

is the translation of that statement "We decided we weren't making enough money selling bottles of liquor so we decided to stop it, we were then inundated with e-mails from cruise critic members and decided to reverse our decision and blame it on other employees at Carnival"

Kathy

Do we really need a mea culpa at this point? Not a single person's vacation was impacted. Regardless of what happened....there could have been a miscommunication between departments...or not....but in the end it doesn't really matter. We asked for the ability to purchase thru Bon Voyage to continue and it did. It's all good! :)

is the translation of that statement "We decided we weren't making enough money selling bottles of liquor so we decided to stop it, we were then inundated with e-mails from cruise critic members and decided to reverse our decision and blame it on other employees at Carnival"

Kathy

Sounds good to me.. ;)

Tell me about it...

:(

Well, that's great about the BV, but I'm still mad they've banned me bringing my camera and my flat iron.:mad:

I kid. I kid.:D Bless your heart, Mach, I think I'd take a computer vacation right about now if I were you. LOL

Well, that's great about the BV, but I'm still mad they've banned me bringing my camera and my flat iron.:mad:

I kid. I kid.:D Bless your heart, Mach, I think I'd take a computer vacation right about now if I were you. LOL

I was ready to shoot myself after reading your first sentence... then I read the second and put the gun down...

;)

I was talking to John last night about how frustrating it is that regardless of how often I post the facts that people still surface and complain about power strips, fans, etc...

I was ready to shoot myself after reading your first sentence... then I read the second and put the gun down...

;)

Mach Mach Mach Mach ! no no, No No,no no

Do not shoot yourself, but if you must shoot your little toe off.:D

Be a real man, The pain will remind you that shooting yourself was not the right answer in the first place .:D:):D

Kathy

Careful, theme’s fighting words to some. :eek:

Has anyone considered the possibility that the whole liquor incident was a marketing ploy. I would be curious to see the bottle sales after the ban was lifted compared to the bottles sold before.

This is the part that I want to know...You can order bottles DURING the sail?
Through room service you can.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the whole liquor incident was a marketing ploy. I would be curious to see the bottle sales after the ban was lifted compared to the bottles sold before.
I was thinking the same thing. That, or Mr. Paul Shea got a "What the %#&$ were you thinking???" memo/lecture from his superior(s). Tighten up the confiscation rate on the smugglers, tell a few people when they call that alcohol sales have been halted, create a stir on this and other cruise sites (There are others, right??) and watch sales and profits skyrocket.

;)

I was talking to John last night about how frustrating it is that regardless of how often I post the facts that people still surface and complain about power strips, fans, etc...

Mach, I moderate a non-travel related messageboard...I feel your pain. I also enjoy being a member here since I don't have any responsibilities. :D

Interesting first post, but yes.

The BV liquor thing, IMO, has not been a widely known "activity". It seems only recently it started getting widely discussed (especially since the confiscation of smuggled booze has come about), and it made me wonder, how long before this cuts into on board profits as well.

Someone had an idea at corporate, and BOOM....., a lot of angry cruisers.

Followed by BACKPEDDLING.

All theory, with no basis points.

Interesting first post, but yes.

The BV liquor thing, IMO, has not been a widely known "activity". It seems only recently it started getting widely discussed (especially since the confiscation of smuggled booze has come about), and it made me wonder, how long before this cuts into on board profits as well.

Someone had an idea at corporate, and BOOM....., a lot of angry cruisers.

Followed by BACKPEDDLING.

All theory, with no basis points.

As long as it takes them to make a decision...do you really think they can decide to reverse one and act on it so fast?

:rolleyes:

Just purchased through BV for my upcoming trip on June 5th!

Bottom line:

1 litre of Absolute Vodka = $40 ($27.99 at home + tax)

1 litre of Maker's Mark Bourbon = $60 ($33.99 at home + tax)

Home price with tax = $67.56

BV order = $100

Difference: $32.44 more than home price to have two bottles guaranteed to be waiting for us in our cabin upon arrival. No smuggling. No "walks of shame." and no chance of not having our liquor in the room the entire trip.

Conclusion: Totally worth it!!! :)

Archived