Beaches at HMC, Grant Turk, Freeport..

Lol.. My title says "Grant Turk" ..Ooops..

We are thinking about getting a cabana at HMC. Didn't see them available on the Carnival website. Was informed that we have to rent it while on the ship. Does anyone have a price for those? Pictures?

I think I seen the cabanas available to rent in Grand Turk.. Might do the Jack-Shacks thing..

Not sure what to do while in Freeport..

Any good ideas for each of these ports? I think we may only do some para-sailing. Me and DH are really into just hanging on the beach for the little time we will have in each port, getting in that clear blue water. That is why I am thinking the cabanas will be great for us... Uuuggghh..

Which of these ports are tendered?

Any info is great.. Thanks:)

HMC is a tender port, get off early and you won't have any wait. We opted not to do the cabana because we went horseback riding and would not have spent much time there. Many people swear by them. For me, once I saw them, it's not worth the price. HMC is the best for a beach day as the beach is just perfect. For parasailing I would not do it at HMC because the only rigs they have are single, not tandem, and it's way more fun going up with someone else. We did it in Saint.T and it was awesome.

Grand Turk is another great beach, tons of chairs and plenty of other beaches close by you can walk to. Lots of good excursions available here as well.

Don't expect too much out of Freeport.:)

Have fun!

Look at the port site on here for HMC-cabana info is there. We rented one and would do it again. When you get on the boat go right to the shore excursion desk and book it. If you don't get one there are chairs everywhere and you can rent clamshells for shade.

Grand Turk-you are at a dock and there is beach right there. Send me an email and I will send you some pictures. karenfrye47@yahoo.com

Yea, I am having the hardest time with Freeport.. Is there any nice beaches close to the Port...? I read something I think.. Our Lucaya maybe? Anyone been there?

When we docked at Freeport, it was a good 20 minute cab ride to town. Where you are docked is industrial. The cabs dropped everybody off at a hotel right in the middle of town. There is a public beach right there. You just walk through or around the hotel and follow the sidewalk down to the beach. There were beach toy rentals and stuff. It was very pretty. No shade, but pretty.

At HMC I wish we would have rented a cabana. We did rent a clam shell, but it is very crowded and I don't like crowds at all. Also, the clam shell got hot under there with no breeze. Do a search for cabanas on here and you will see quite a few pictures and tips.

We were very comfortable on HMC without a cabana. I'm not sure that even if given one at no charge we would have used it that much. I'm not much of a beach lounger though....I'll walk as far as the landscape allows. If you're not put off by the cost, then go for it, but you'll still have a fine time without.

Grand Turk was a bust for us. I'm sure that under normal conditions, it is a nice stop. Unfortunately for us, a Princess shipped was detoured due to weather conditions and arrived a couple of hours before we did. Two large ships in GT does not work. Every lounge chair on the beach and at the pool was already taken. Also, be aware that the beach at GT is very tough to walk on. There are tons of large conch shells and rocks....It's hard on the feet and difficult to maintain your balance in the water. If you have the opportunity to hang out by the pool, that may be a better option.

Lucaya is quite nice in Freeport. We usually stay on the ship only because of time constraints. Given that it's a 20 minute taxi ride each way and that you have to be back onboard at 1:30, it's not worth it to me. If they stayed until 4, I would definitely say Lucaya is the ticket.

Not sure what to do while in Freeport..

Although activities are limited in Freeport, you can pay $5 pp, and take a cab to Lucaya Beach & Marketplace, which is somewhat the main hub of tourist activity there.

You'll have the Marketplace for shopping and restaurants, as well as a great public beach in front of the resort area.

We're going to Freeport in August, and since we've been there so many times, we're taking the Grand Bahama Coastal Cruise and Shopping tour. Yes, it's more expensive than just taking an inexpensive cab to go to the same exact place, but once again, since we've been there before, the added twist of taking a coastal cruise to get there is well worth it.

Archived