Thanks to all on CC !!

fbcoach2164

Hi !! As you can tell, this is my very first post on cc.:eek: I have been addicted to, I mean reading, all the cc posts for about 3 months now. I have to tell you guys that ya'll are heliarious !! I am taking my wife on our 10th year anniv. cruise oct 7th out of Galveston, and we cannot hardly wait a day longer.. This will be the FIRST cruise for both of us!!. All I have learned about cruising do's and dont's come from you guys, so I just wanted to say thanks for all that you do and for the great info. I waited till now because I think it is important to listen before I speak.:D Thanks again and happy cruising!! :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Conquest or Ecstasy? Regardless, they're both wonderful ships with fantastic crews. You'll come back just as addicted as I am.

Now that you've read it's time for specifics... ask questions and please ignore the occasional nastiness. Some folks have bad days.

:)

Welcome aboard! I should have tried that listening before I post stuff, but after a few messages from moderator I am better now. We sail out of Galveston Aug 1st. I think is a different itinerary that what you are going on. I can hardly wait!!!

Yes welcome to Cruise Critic....lots of good info here and a few wiseguys...just ignore them and you will do fine;) Its so much fun and informative on here it consumes my rainy days:) Mach is the best just ride his coat tails and you Will have a wealth of good info!

Bruce

Now that you've read it's time for specifics... ask questions and please ignore the occasional nastiness. Some folks have bad days.

Others are just sarcastic. I would say who but that might incriminate myself!!!

Thanks Host Mach! It is the Ecstacy. People's opinions don't bother me. I have been a football coach for many years, so I have developed a pretty thick skin.:cool: I'll just pop some popcorn and let it go!!

Ahhhhh... excellent!! We were on the Ecstasy in February and she was BRILLIANT! Your cruise director, Steve Cassel, is one of the best!

If you can manage it you MUST do the Chef's Table! It's an amazing treat in a fantastic venue.

You will fall in love with Progreso... old Mexico through and through with great little shops, a beautiful beach and amazing food at fantastic prices!!

By the way, it's Mach, please. The 'host' thing is just a position, not a name...

:)

Thanks Pro! I booked a early saver cat. 11 veranda suite. Can anybody tell me anything about it. You guys think my wife will like it? I hope so, because she deserves a nice trip. She is such a wonderful lady.:) AND she has put up with me!!

Thanks Host Mach! It is the Ecstacy. People's opinions don't bother me. I have been a football coach for many years, so I have developed a pretty thick skin.:cool: I'll just pop some popcorn and let it go!!

We came of the Ecstacy on the 15th her upgrades from dry dock are AMAZING! :D Go up and try the new water slides WooHoo what fun they are! :) The crew was fantastic and well we just had such a wonderful time! You are truly going to have a FUN time! :p;)

Welcome FB and I hope you and your wife have a wonderful cruise.

Remember that room service is free (well except a buck or two tip for the kitchen staff) and an awesome wake up call!!!

Remember that you can order more than one thing at dinner, if there is something you and your wife would like to try, order it!!

When we sailed for an aniversary my husband had our room decorated and some choc covered strawberries and wine ordered for the room, along with a rose for each year we were married, it was VERY romantic!!

Cheers and have an awesome cruise!!!

Carole

Hi !! As you can tell, this is my very first post on cc.:eek: I have been addicted to, I mean reading, all the cc posts for about 3 months now. I have to tell you guys that ya'll are heliarious !! I am taking my wife on our 10th year anniv. cruise oct 7th out of Galveston, and we cannot hardly wait a day longer.. This will be the FIRST cruise for both of us!!. All I have learned about cruising do's and dont's come from you guys, so I just wanted to say thanks for all that you do and for the great info. I waited till now because I think it is important to listen before I speak.:D Thanks again and happy cruising!! :)

Your first post huh?

Did you use the search feature?:p:D

Welcome!!

Welcome to Walmart:)!!

Steve

Thanks Pro! I booked a early saver cat. 11 veranda suite. Can anybody tell me anything about it. You guys think my wife will like it? I hope so, because she deserves a nice trip. She is such a wonderful lady.:) AND she has put up with me!!

Yes we stayed in the cat 11 Verandah balcony suites twice and LOVED it! Hope you have a great first cruise, but a word of warning.......you will soon be as addicted as the rest of us!!!!!!!!

Happy Sailing!! The Ecstasy is a wonderful ship! We will be on her again, third time, this September!!

Archived