**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Mary, you made me laugh! Last year at this time I was on a Canada/New England cruise with my DIL. We spent 3 days in NYC in the rain -- thanks to Tropical Storm Danny. We had only 3 days and we were NOT going to be stopped by a little moisture, so we went ahead and did our City Sights tour in the rain. We walked to see Jersey Boys (in the rain), walked back to the Waldorf (in the rain), stopped at Rockefeller Plaza (in the rain). I walked through Bergdorf's looking like a drowned rat and we didn't care because for sure we would never see those people again! I think we had mold growing in our shoes by Saturday morning. Then the day we boarded our ship (Caribbean Princess) the weather cleared and life was great. See, nothing can ruin a cruise for me!

Mary, you made me laugh! Last year at this time I was on a Canada/New England cruise with my DIL. We spent 3 days in NYC in the rain -- thanks to Tropical Storm Danny. We had only 3 days and we were NOT going to be stopped by a little moisture, so we went ahead and did our City Sights tour in the rain. We walked to see Jersey Boys (in the rain), walked back to the Waldorf (in the rain), stopped at Rockefeller Plaza (in the rain). I walked through Bergdorf's looking like a drowned rat and we didn't care because for sure we would never see those people again! I think we had mold growing in our shoes by Saturday morning. Then the day we boarded our ship (Caribbean Princess) the weather cleared and life was great. See, nothing can ruin a cruise for me!

That's certainly a "can do" attitude. As they say, any day is a good day when you're on a cruise!

I'm just sorry for those on the Maasdam. They're missing three ports and headed back home to Boston two days early. Better safe than sorry, but I would be disappointed.... Canada/New England is one of my "Bucket List" cruises.

I looked forward to sailing into New York on my Caribbean Princess repo cruise in May. It was SO COLD and windy that it was virtually impossible to stay outside. It was beautiful, though.

I'm just sorry for those on the Maasdam. They're missing three ports and headed back home to Boston two days early. Better safe than sorry, but I would be disappointed.... Canada/New England is one of my "Bucket List" cruises.

That is so sad. Go all that way for a cruise that you have been looking forward to and then miss 3 ports. :(

That is so sad. Go all that way for a cruise that you have been looking forward to and then miss 3 ports. :(

Wow, we took this same tour and arrived in Boston the weekend they held the Memorial for Teddy Kennedy. Cruised between 2 hurricanes. I wonder if they will allow the folks to stay on in Boston and explore all that port has to offer?

Jan

Wow, we took this same tour and arrived in Boston the weekend they held the Memorial for Teddy Kennedy. Cruised between 2 hurricanes. I wonder if they will allow the folks to stay on in Boston and explore all that port has to offer?

Jan

From what I have read on the HAL board, that is an option. Many of them are trying to get out of town or back home (if they live in Boston) prior to Earl's arrival in Boston Saturday A.M.

The Maasdam should be docking in Boston shortly. One of the HAL CC regulars is onboard. She'll have all the details...

Mary

Well, today I can still say my team is undefeated :D

I think this is going to be another "trying" year :eek:

Me, too!

I fell asleep watching USC and Hawaii play. Didn't start until 10 pm Central. From what I've read, the win wasn't that easy. Maybe a sign of things to come?:D

I'm really glad it's a holiday weekend. Ready to kick-back and enjoy sports overload including US Open tennis.

Mary

Me, too!

I fell asleep watching USC and Hawaii play. Didn't start until 10 pm Central. From what I've read, the win wasn't that easy. Maybe a sign of things to come?:D

I'm really glad it's a holiday weekend. Ready to kick-back and enjoy sports overload including US Open tennis.

Mary

I didn't see the USC game but it must have been a good finish!

Too much college football this weekend for me so I know I won't be paying attention to the US Open. I wonder what kind of weather Earl will bring to NY this weekend. It could be ugly :eek:

Happy weekend to all -- I'll be lounging by the lake for a few days. Hope all have great weather!

Wow, that sounds fantastic. I just had 5 yards of mulch delivered so in between the football games you know what I'll be doing :)

Sadly I'll be working all weekend, but I'm sure some football will be squeezed in between. I'm pleased to see the Gators are on ESPN3 online tomorrow, so I'll have that on at work. I watched a bit of the South Carolina game last night, but couldn't stay up for the USC. Sounds like a great game. I've always liked USC, I just hate their new coach with such passion:rolleyes:

Sadly I'll be working all weekend, but I'm sure some football will be squeezed in between. I'm pleased to see the Gators are on ESPN3 online tomorrow, so I'll have that on at work. I watched a bit of the South Carolina game last night, but couldn't stay up for the USC. Sounds like a great game. I've always liked USC, I just hate their new coach with such passion:rolleyes:

I like to see Spurrier get worked up... He and Stoops are very entertaining. Stoops is the only reason I usually watch an OU game.

I hope Kiffin is a big... FLOP!

Mary

Linda, I feel your pain already with all that mulch. I sure hope you have a spa in that swimming pool!

DJ, sorry to hear you have to work all weekend. But hey, that's what pays for cruising so it's gotta happen.

Best to all -- safe driving if you're on the road.

Well, I lucked out on spreading the mulch. Last night right after I got started 2 neighbors showed up with shovels. The job was done in a couple of hours :D

Now I can concentrate on college football!!!

Who would have thought Jacksonville State/Ole Miss would be a thriller! Double overtime and the underdog wins with a two point conversion.

College football returns! :D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend....

Mary

I guess Eli Manning is disappointed tonight.....

Wolverines win so it is a great start to the season. Should be interesting next week when they head to Notre Dame :eek:

I guess Eli Manning is disappointed tonight.....

Wolverines win so it is a great start to the season. Should be interesting next week when they head to Notre Dame :eek:

Yes, that should be interesting, but Notre Dame didn't look that good...

Mary

Who would have thought Jacksonville State/Ole Miss would be a thriller! Double overtime and the underdog wins with a two point conversion.

College football returns! :D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend....

Mary

Little known fact of the day: The coach of Jacksonville is Kerwin Bell, a former UF quarterback, and was the head coach of John Brantley's high school team here in town.

On another note, boy I sure hope the Gators improve this week. That was a mediocre performance at best.

Edited to say: Who would have thought there are two Jacksonvilles. Apparently the school I was speaking of is Jacksonville University, not Jacksonville State:)

Little known fact of the day: The coach of Jacksonville is Kerwin Bell, a former UF quarterback, and was the head coach of John Brantley's high school team here in town.

On another note, boy I sure hope the Gators improve this week. That was a mediocre performance at best.

Edited to say: Who would have thought there are two Jacksonvilles. Apparently the school I was speaking of is Jacksonville University, not Jacksonville State:)

I started to post that Florida and Texas didn't look that good either, but decided not to step on any toes....:D

But, a win is a win is a win...

Mary

Yes a win is a win....no matter how ugly :D And everyone's team won this week!

DJ, I was surprised when FL was ranked so high this year and assumed someone knew something I didn't. Was it just a bad performance? I didn't see much of it.

Archived