**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Hi Ed and Jan,

Wow, so are you doing the B2B this coming Spring?? We would love to have you with us on both sailings! DH and I are going to be on the Sapphire Coastal alone (no kids) and then they will fly up to Vancouver with either the grandparents or our nanny and join us for the Alaska part. A perfect vacation in my book.

My only worry is that my older DD is in 6th grade this coming year and I hope she doesn't get in too much trouble for missing a week of school. I figure by year's end, things will wind down anyway. But she usually gets straight A's and I would hate to have her punished because of our vacation schedule (mandated by my work)!

Welcome to the roll call! Speaking of roll call, do we have a list going?

Katherine

Welcome to the roll call! Speaking of roll call, do we have a list going?

Katherine

I think you're right Katherine, a list may be in order now. Linda, since you're poster #1, would you wanna edit the post to create such a list?

Looking forward to the weekend, although I'm not really sure why considering I'm working every day, and I'm quite certain the only Tiger I'll be watching this weekend is my cat by the same name....

This is so sad - your family will be in my prayers.

Hi, Everyone

This is kind of strange, but I now think of you as my friends.

We received a call this morning that my husband's mother had a major stroke. She is unresponsive. The family has instructed the doctor not to administer extreme life prolonging procedures. We don't know what the future holds. We will be leaving for Buffalo either tonight or very early tomorrow.

Will you please keep his mother and his family in your thoughts? I would really appreciate your prayers, if you are so inclined.

Thanks.

Mary

No we are staying the night before in Vancouver. We got a group rate at the Metropolitan for $145. Supposedly we can walk to the ship pier from the hotel.

Has anyone bought their air yet? We are waiting for Jet Blue and Southwest to release their pricing for May. Some of those traveling with us have already booked their air. I can't think that far ahead - getting my head into finding a hotel this early was hard enough.

We haven't booked anything in Seattle yet. Are you staying there before heading to Vancouver?

Hi, Everyone

This is kind of strange, but I now think of you as my friends.

We received a call this morning that my husband's mother had a major stroke. She is unresponsive. The family has instructed the doctor not to administer extreme life prolonging procedures. We don't know what the future holds. We will be leaving for Buffalo either tonight or very early tomorrow.

Will you please keep his mother and his family in your thoughts? I would really appreciate your prayers, if you are so inclined.

Thanks.

Mary

Mary,

Along with your other friends here, I am also praying for you and your family. Miracles happen every day... don't give up hope. karen

Mary,

We are keeping your mother in law and all of your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Welcome to all the new roll call members. This little group is growing nicely.

Wes and I are also veterans of Alaska cruises, so if there are questions about shore excusions we might be able to be of some help.

We are, at this point, planning on flying into SeaTac the day before the cruise, and getting a hotel near the airport, then taking the Princess transfer up to Canada Place. The Sapphire repo is quite appealing - we loved our cruises on her - but until we know which family members are joining us, it is better for us to keep the SeaTac plans so we can take care of the rest of our family group.

We spent a few full days taking a retirement class courtesy of Wes's employer. It was surprisingly well-done, and now we have a few tasks to take care of prior to Wes's retirement.

Ginger

I think you're right Katherine, a list may be in order now. Linda, since you're poster #1, would you wanna edit the post to create such a list?

Looking forward to the weekend, although I'm not really sure why considering I'm working every day, and I'm quite certain the only Tiger I'll be watching this weekend is my cat by the same name....

I don't mind at all and I have maintained the lists before on previous threads.

And......we will be watching Tiger through the weekend :D

No we are staying the night before in Vancouver. We got a group rate at the Metropolitan for $145. Supposedly we can walk to the ship pier from the hotel.

Has anyone bought their air yet? We are waiting for Jet Blue and Southwest to release their pricing for May. Some of those traveling with us have already booked their air. I can't think that far ahead - getting my head into finding a hotel this early was hard enough.

We have our airfare :) Southwest and Jet Blue are never cheaper for me from FL so there was no reason to wait.

Ooops, I forgot to mention. I wrote to Eileen at Harv & Marv's about 2011 reservations and sure enough she is already accepting them. No money now and all she needs are names, addresses and phone numbers to reserve your spot. So, Margie and I are booked (I hope she wants to go).

Don't wait if you're interested in this trip because they have limited space on their boats!

http://www.harvandmarvs.com/

Linda, you know I'm ALWAYS ready for whale watching in Juneau, and Harv and Marv are great. Thanks for taking care of that for us!

Yes, I stumbled across a fantastic $258 TOTAL fare RT Houston/Seattle for next May and I jumped on it immediately. It is usually around $400 or more from Houston, so I feel really good and it's already paid for. Woo hoo!

Linda after all the reviews I've read on this, we may just join you yet. Still haven't decided on what to do in Juneau. I'm still leaning to the glacier hike, but whale watching is quite appealing too. Too many choices....

Hi, everyone... Welcome to all the new additions to this adventure.

I'm overwhelmed by your good wishes and prayers. Tom's mother is still hospitalized and not responsive. Her right side is totally paralyzed. The doctor can't tell us with any certaintly what the future holds, but we're taking it a day at a time. Thank you again for the support.

Can you believe this roll call? So many participants! :D

Talk to you soon.

Mary

Linda after all the reviews I've read on this, we may just join you yet. Still haven't decided on what to do in Juneau. I'm still leaning to the glacier hike, but whale watching is quite appealing too. Too many choices....

It is possible to do both. I know that some of the independent excursion operators will drop you off without going back to town. Captain Larry dropped at Mendenhall and we took the blue bus back to town when we were done. Not sure if we will do something like that but there are some nice trails around the glacier that we could do....

I know that Captain Larry can arrange combo trips so Harv & Marv's probably does too.

Hi, everyone... Welcome to all the new additions to this adventure.

I'm overwhelmed by your good wishes and prayers. Tom's mother is still hospitalized and not responsive. Her right side is totally paralyzed. The doctor can't tell us with any certaintly what the future holds, but we're taking it a day at a time. Thank you again for the support.

Can you believe this roll call? So many participants! :D

Talk to you soon.

Mary

Mary, I will be thinking about you and your family this weekend :( Take care!

There is a private company that offers whale watching and going to the Mendenhall Glacier. I think that is what our group is going to try and do - we have 20 people who are interested.

The tour we booked with Harv & Marv includes a courtesy stop at Mendenhall Glacier on the way back to town. So assuming we are up for some hiking afterwards we can get off and do our own thing. The Visitor Center is open until 7:30pm so we will have plenty of time to poke around in there too. There are shuttles back to town for $5. pp that I believe run once an hour.

We don't leave Juneau until 10pm so we have lots of options. :D

Hi, everyone

Seems quiet on the boards this weekend.

My MIL passed quietly around noon today. We're thankful her passing was peaceful.

We spent the afternoon watching the PGA debacle. Takes our minds off the sadness.

Back to normal towards the end of the week... I hope.

Mary

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers to your family during this difficult time.

Hi, everyone

My MIL passed quietly around noon today. We're thankful her passing was peaceful.

We spent the afternoon watching the PGA debacle. Takes our minds off the sadness.

Mary

Hi, everyone

Mary

So sorry to hear that! My heart goes out to you and your family.

Katherine

Just dropping in to see how everyone is doing. I got our confirmation from Harv & Marv's so that was exciting.

Mary, still thinking about you and your family and hope you're doing okay.

Archived