**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

We got our Florida flights changed so the Mother, Infant, Father and Grandmother are all in the same row. Sean and I are together banished to the front of the plane. Works for me.

On the Seattle issue I have disembarked at least 3 times in Victoria without any problem so it was a surprise. The rule didnot apply before because our cruises started in a American city and we got off no problem. Anyways I refuse to let it get to me as this is the cruise I still want to do and I will have to find a way to drop the car at the cruiseport and somehow beatle my way back to Vancouver where the rest of my family will be waiting. My options are Train, Quick Shuttle and Greyhound so far. The next issue I have to solve is can I do the dropping of the car off in the early morning and then call a cab to get to my next mode of transportation. Just makes the cruise more interesting. The plus is we will be able to party the last night on the way to Seattle with our new found cruise friends.

Just had a wonderful visit with my sons family in Vancouver. Weather was beautiful and we went out to Steveston in Richmond. The old cannery all the wonderfuls shops and oh my the great FRESH seafood in the Restaurant we ate at plus the antics of my 18 month old grandson made for a most memorable trip. If any of you are coming early to Vancouver I highly reccomend the Stevenson drive. If I had to live on the lower mainland that would be where I would settle. Get this Florida trip over and then wait with anticipation for our next cruise on the Glorius Golden Princess and our 5th voyage to Alaska.:D

Up early watching Ryder Cup action. We have a commitment early this morning, but will be back to watch more golf and the first of many college football games today.

Any other recent cruises booked? There are some good deals out there right now.

Mary

Wow, we eeked out another win. Can't believe that Tennessee is beating LSU at home :eek:

Tennesse won... no wait a minute... LSU won...

OU almost fumbles away a win over UT...

Baylor smashes Kansas 55-7. Largest margin over a conference team ever...:D Who would have guessed that?

Wacky day in college ball... Don't you just love it? (Sorry Margie)....

On to Alabama/Florida....

Mary

Tennesse won... no wait a minute... LSU won...

OU almost fumbles away a win over UT...

Baylor smashes Kansas 55-7. Largest margin over a conference team ever...:D Who would have guessed that?

Wacky day in college ball... Don't you just love it? (Sorry Margie)....

On to Alabama/Florida....

Mary

A wacky day for sure! Can't belive that Tennessee blew it :eek:

A great win for Baylor :D

Go Stanford!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree... Love Stanford... Unfortunately, the game didn't go their way. :(

Well, as the Gators couldn't get it done, guess I'll have to start pulling for Alabama. Better than the alternatives...

Unless, of course, Michigan beats Ohio State....

Yes, I agree... Love Stanford... Unfortunately, the game didn't go their way. :(

Well, as the Gators couldn't get it done, guess I'll have to start pulling for Alabama. Better than the alternatives...

Unless, of course, Michigan beats Ohio State....

Mary, if you're a Gator fan then you're a Gator fan even when they lose ;)

Thanks for the well wishes for Meg. She's had an exciting week. New job, and did her first half marathon last night. Off to do our first round of Food and Wine festival today. We are coming back down in a few weeks for another go around:)

The combination of a lousy Florida team and an awesome Alabama team didn't fit well. I guess I'd rather Bama be successful than anyone else. The never ending Ryder Cup has been fun to watch. Looked like we were going to get blown out yesterday afternoon, but we have come back nicely.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend...

Mary, if you're a Gator fan then you're a Gator fan even when they lose ;)

I am a Gator fan and a Longhorn fan, and a Baylor Bear fan (and they lose a lot!) even when they lose. But, like deej says..I'd rather Alabama take it than anyone else currently in play for #1. I like TCU, too.

Ryder Cup is heating up today....

Mary

I am a Gator fan and a Longhorn fan, and a Baylor Bear fan (and they lose a lot!) even when they lose. But, like deej says..I'd rather Alabama take it than anyone else currently in play for #1. I like TCU, too.

Ryder Cup is heating up today....

Mary

I agree! I liked Alabama even before Nike Saban showed up so they're an easy pick for me :D

DJ, enjoy the food and wine today. I'm headed over on the 22nd and can't wait....

Problem solved. There is a sailing of the Victoira Clipper back to Victoria at 15:15 the day of our Seattle arrival. So we will take our time getting off go to the Clipper and drop our bags and then go to Pikes market for lunch and browse.

Hopefully we can clear customs in Victoria and at least drop our bags at home and make our declaration which will negate having to drop them off.

Problem solved. There is a sailing of the Victoira Clipper back to Victoria at 15:15 the day of our Seattle arrival. So we will take our time getting off go to the Clipper and drop our bags and then go to Pikes market for lunch and browse.

Hopefully we can clear customs in Victoria and at least drop our bags at home and make our declaration which will negate having to drop them off.

I'm glad things are working out and it sounds like a nice solution :D

I've been looking for a post from Margie, too. I guess we'll have to wait until she gets home...:(

Nothing new here except beautiful weather. Chilly in the morning. Warm afternoons with low humidity. I have the windows open!

Kyana... How long is a one-way ferry trip from Seattle to Victoria? I know there are ferries from Vancouver, but didn't know about Seattle. Are you saying when the Golden stops in Vancouver, you'll take most of your luggage home? That would certainly help!

I've been eyeing the Grand's retrofit... it appears Princess is adding Window Suites in April. We like this suite and sometimes the pricing is great. In fact, I'd love to book one for the TA in May... WS is marked waitlist only... I'm sure Princess doesn't know if they'll be finished... Yes, I'd have to cancel our Golden sailing..:eek: I'm sure we'll keep this cruise to Alaska and watch the Grand's pricing for later in the year.

Mary

Its a fast cat that goes about 30k per hour and it is just over 3 hrs. to Victoria.

No, not Vancouver. Hoping to be allowed to declare and drop our luggage off at home in Victoria. I also hope we can aquire our duty free booze to include with our declaration. Also take our 3 basenjis for a walk. We are about 3 kilometers from home.(Thats just under 2 miles). Sean is happy we are carring on to Seattle so he can have one more night of revallry in Skywalkers.

Off to watch our echl team the Victoria Salmonkings in training camp. It looks like a team that good ole Reggie Dunlop (Paul Newman) would be happy with. Also the Vancouver Canucks look right up there with the Stanley Cup Contenders. Looking forward to watching some Stanley Cup playoffs while on the Golden Princess next year. Cheers all:)

:(Well, the Gator's could not get it done against that other team. Hopfully they will bounce back and win the rest of the games. My wife is getting more excited each day about this cruiise. This is the first one in a long time that we have to fly to one. This luggage thing is upsetting especially the way we pack. Counting the days down. Hope everyone is doing well.:)

Michigan/Michigan St. this weekend... Anyone on this board interested? :D

Mary

Hmmm, let's see......YES!!!!!!!!!

The company I work for oriiginated in MI and we still have a plant there. So, as luck would have it my boss is a Michigan State Spartan :eek: We have been "poking" at each other all week and we better win this year. It will be a very painful Monday if we don't. :(

Archived