**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

I checked the AVIS site ffor Skagway and they are accepting reservations for May 17. Heads up to anyone that is planning on renting a car.

Margie, I'm leaning toward an excursion here just to do something different. What about you?

I checked the AVIS site ffor Skagway and they are accepting reservations for May 17. Heads up to anyone that is planning on renting a car.

Margie, I'm leaning toward an excursion here just to do something different. What about you?

Thank you! I just reserved a minivan for us for $149. I thought that was an ok price. We did a bus excursion through the cruise line last time and it was nice but I like the idea of being able to stop whenever we want ourselves. We'll take that mile by mile guide with us that someone else recommended and just take lots of pix.

Katherine

Katherine, I'm glad you grabbed one. This location often sells out and the drive into the Yukon is awesome :) Be sure and check the road conditions a few days before in case it makes a difference. You will want to drive on clear roads and our cruise is a little earlier than when Margie and I made the trip near the end of May......

Yikes!

Baylor and Texas play today....this should provide some interesting chat :eek:

This is the first time that I can remeber that Baylor is ranked (25) and Texas is not... However, I'm somewhat reluctant to say anything. Texas has a lot to prove this game and is as angry as a hornet's nest. I'm very wary....:eek: but hopeful. Who knows?

Mary

I will ask my other son Chris who lives in the West End about good Chinese Restaurants. Will get back to you on that.:)

Pat ... It looks like we have more company in the Window Suite section. 4 of the 7 are now taken. Glad we have ours reserved!

I can't believe it's already Thursday.

Katherine... My DH was given tickets for Club level seating for the Texans/Chargers game this Sunday. Wish you were here to go with us! This will be my first Texans game.

I noticed Christmas music channels have been added to our TV selection menu. I usually don't start listening to seasonal music until after Thanksgiving.

Linda, I'm interested in watching Sarah Palin's Alaska, too. Not to see her, but to see the beauty of Alaska.

Margie... Are you packing yet?

deej.... We miss you!... If you're lurking out there.

Back to work....

Mary

Linda, I'm interested in watching Sarah Palin's Alaska, too. Not to see her, but to see the beauty of Alaska.

Mary

From the advertisements that I have seen I think we will enjoy it :D

Help me remember to tune in on November 14!

Linda.... Are you still screaming? :D Congrats!

We ran into a buzz saw.... :eek:

Mary

OMG, that was the game that I wasn't sure would ever end :eek: Glad for the win though.....we really needed it :D

Sorry about your loss :(

The fire aboard the Carnival Splendor has me thinking about the trip interruption portion of future insurance policies again.....

Me, too. But, IMO, Carnival was more generous and is handling the situation better than X.

As you mentioned, it's another situation we need to consider when looking at travel insurance policies.

In other news, there's a slight chance my DH may have a business conflict with this sailing and we'll have to move to a date in Sept. Will know before the end of the year....:(

Mary

I guess we should also remember to pack a small flashlight and a can of Spam....:D

Mary

Of all the things that might have been airlifted... can you believe crab and spam!?! Cruising to eat or to just tell a tale? This will be fun to follow over on the Carnival boards when the folks return. Thank goodness for the temps in the 60's.

Jan

Of all the things that might have been airlifted... can you believe crab and spam!?! Cruising to eat or to just tell a tale? This will be fun to follow over on the Carnival boards when the folks return. Thank goodness for the temps in the 60's.

Jan

I, too, will be interested in all of the stories. Sounds like "roughing it", but in reality, why not just make the best of a bad situation? Chalk this one up as a loss and focus on the future free cruise.

We have a few cans of Spam in our hurricane pantry. However, we have a propane grill to cook with. Uncooked spam....:( I'd rather stick with a few poptarts.

Mary

We have a few cans of Spam in our hurricane pantry. However, we have a propane grill to cook with. Uncooked spam....:( I'd rather stick with a few poptarts.

Mary

Cooked or uncooked it doesn't sound very good....but better than nothing to eat at all. :(

Archived