Pyramid Sound and Light Show Time Required

CycleGirl1

At the pyramids of Giza, what is the showtime of the sound and light show? Are there multiple shows? How long does the show take?

I've heard something about shows being in different languages. Does anyone know when the English (or should I say American English ) show is on. Just kidding, any kind of English will do.

I'm kind of wondering if it might be practical to see the show then still go shopping at the bazaar.... must go shopping....

If you check on this site, many will agree,its really not worth the time...very boring, just sit on folding chairs in heat, and blowing sand at nite,around dusk then over at dark...about 1 or 2 hrs..but seemed like forever...a sound system speaks in English,times vary and can check tourism site on web...then colored lights flash on pyramids....Many fell asleep and I vowed I d never go on another one....

Go to a nice dinner, visit bazaar, but just look....many items were knockoffs.Bought several mens tops and shrunk to nothing,,,etc.....but fun to look.....dont let the sellers talk you into something,can be forceful after you accept their offer of tea....

Go to Cairo museum.in late afternoon, not as many tourist then.

Visit pyramids,ride camel, etc.during day,so you can see and appreciate them....Regardless, a wonderful trip, just chose wisely....;)

Here is the website with schedule for all of the shows:

http://www.soundandlight.com.eg/Default.aspx?Control=A520135539CA68790811A9EB9E7BFBA5D6869FC2&Menu=1&Page=4

Your guide (I assume you're planning a private tour) will also have the info.

If you are staying at Giza, I wouldn't recommend seeing the show (at Giza) then going back into Cairo (a long drive with incredible traffic) to the bazaar, then going BACK to Giza to hotel. If you're staying in Cairo itself, it might be possible but it would be a really looonnnggg day.

I have mixed feelings on the show itself. Yes, it's rather hokey. On the other hand, I just let myself enjoy being in Egypt, in the desert at night, looking at these incredible monuments that have survived so much.

We were staying in Giza, so we went to the bazaar after our sightseeing in Cairo, then checked into our hotel and saw the Sound & Light Show. I'm glad we went to the show - it was wonderful to sit under the stars in front of the pyramids, but if we were staying in Cairo, it wouldn't have been worth it to go all the way back and forth to Giza just for the show.

Best,

Mia

YouTube has various recordings of the show to get an idea what it's like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq2aftXyAVQ&feature=related

Thanks for the links. That does give a feel for the show.

You know, at first I thought, "yes, the music and everything is really corny." Then I started to get really excited about being out there, right out there, in the presence of the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza. And then I couldn't care less if the show was hokey. I'm just counting down the days.

Archived