Tag watch prices

gtouch

Does anyone know if the prices for Tag watches on the ship are good prices? Almost got one on the last trip but didn't got home price seemed good but we never could find the exact watch to compare the price apples to apples. And the price was a discounted price in the ships store.

To answer your question, NO- the ship’s watch prices are retail.

In order to price match watches, first, educate yourself and find

the EXACT model you are looking for.

My experience, Little Switzerland, has the best prices for

TAG, Rolex, etc. Good Luck

Thanks but does the lower prices cover the cost of shipping and tax. On board they are sold tax free.

Hi-

Not sure what you mean ?

While on the Island, you make your purchase, take possession of your watch and there is no tax on purchases on the Islands.

Sorry thought Little Switzerland was a store that you would order through the mail in the US. Not going to the Islands this time going to Alaska.

If I remember correctly, the price was 15% off of retail, and with sales tax, that's about 25% off +/-.

You can negotiate for about that and a little better even state side. For a model listed at 1100 or 1200 after discount on the ship, I walked out the door for $1000 in las vegas (after tax) after saying that's all I was going to spend ;)

Not sure if the ships will/can negotiate further on price though.

WOW, Alaska !

Have fun-

check with the Canadians on this board, as there is a

nice store in Vancouver, next to the port that sells high-end watches

cheaper than in the States.

With all the taxes in Canada is it really cheaper? Final bill?

Don't count on anything being cheaper in Canada.. everything is taxed! and also remember our dollar is almost at par.. so no savings there either. When i bought my papa's Movado its was in Bermuda and it was $700 for the same watch that was seling here for $1200.00 (it was 18 years ago).. also new taxation system coming to BC July 1st. Everything will be taxed at 12%.

Sorry thought Little Switzerland was a store that you would order through the mail in the US. Not going to the Islands this time going to Alaska.

You will do better on land then. While you're in international waters, you won't pay taxes on the watch. Canada's taxes are freakin' killer (no offense to the fine Canadians on the board), they tend to tax you three ways to Sunday.

(And you're thinking of Swiss Colony, which is the mail-order catalogue. Little Switzerland is a fine watches and jewelry store.)

You will do better on land then. While you're in international waters, you won't pay taxes on the watch. Canada's taxes are freakin' killer (no offense to the fine Canadians on the board), they tend to tax you three ways to Sunday.

(And you're thinking of Swiss Colony, which is the mail-order catalogue. Little Switzerland is a fine watches and jewelry store.)

No offense taken... this is why border cities tend to shop in the USA :D

All

Just bought my second Tag a Carrera Chronograph while on a cruise with a different line. I was able to get a 15% discount plus an automatic watch winder. We shopped extensively and did not see that much of a difference between the vendors while in the Caribbean. Bear in mind that the warranty will most likely be an international one from the watch manufacturer. Many of the internet watch sites are not authorized dealers and use third party service warranties.

No offense taken... this is why border cities tend to shop in the USA :D

If it makes you feel any better, I drive over the border for Roots gear. ;)

God, I wish they'd open a shop in NYC. My life would be so much easier.

If it makes you feel any better, I drive over the border for Roots gear. ;)

God, I wish they'd open a shop in NYC. My life would be so much easier.

lol... as i sit here wearing a roots hoodie...

another giggle is that roots was started americans here in canada...

It is wise to be careful waht you say about sales taxes in Canada. There is a sales tax in British Columbia, but there is not one in Alberta. We pay the standard GST of 5%. BC would pay around 10-11% tax.

I bought a Citizen Eco Drive Skyhawk AT on the ship and in the shops on the island it was more and at home it would have been close to double the price. I got a great deal, but I was hoping to get a Tag or other brand. I was scared off by the starting price of $1000+ and $335 for the Skyhawk I got what I wanted an analog watch with a digital secondary time and 40+ world times....I like the fact it is solar powered and the time is radio-controlled. I never have to set time time, just pick the nearest timezone city!

One day I will be able to afford a Tag or Rolex....

lol... as i sit here wearing a roots hoodie...

another giggle is that roots was started americans here in canada...

I know. The story I heard was they couldn't get financing in the US but a Canadian investor (Canadian government?) gave them a loan to get started, and they've stayed loyal to that.

Anyway, to bring this back around to cruising, anyone going on a Canada cruise must check out Roots. They have the absolute *best* hoodies and t-shirts known to man. The Spring Garden store in Halifax is fantastic. ;)

It is wise to be careful waht you say about sales taxes in Canada. There is a sales tax in British Columbia, but there is not one in Alberta. We pay the standard GST of 5%. BC would pay around 10-11% tax.

We were talking about an Alaska cruise so Alberta shopping would be out of the questions, no excursion or port of call:D

PS I didn't know AB didn't have PST. BC July 1st will have HST of 12% yuk

I have purchased watches on board and in port...as mentioned above Little Switzerland has been good. Some brands are discounted on board and not not as much. The important thing to do is make sure you know what you are looking for...its the easiest way to spot a good price

The ship sells them for 15% off.Not good. I just got one from amazon.com 50% off. But I had to watch for 6 months to save that much.

You can also pick them up at BJ's and Sam's Club, etc. for a decent price if they have them in stock. Good prices, but they aren't a normal item (you know, like a pallet of toilet paper;)).

If you want a discontinued style, you can also hit certain outlets. Century 21 in NYC is a good place to pick one up, also sample sales.

Archived