Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

:D Now I'll never forget aft! The funny thing is, it is not a bad word in South Africa... Cultures are so interesting!

Glad you are enjoying the thread! We may be able to go this summer. DH is just waiting for leave approval :) Keep me posted. We will take pics if it is during "daylight months".

The word is question is acceptable in American English too, depending on its use... It is acceptable to call someone a braying *****, which means they sound like an upset donkey, but A**-hole is not acceptable in most circles.

Glad to see you guys are getting on the Fascination... home port has its advantages. Rusty and I are looking at the seven-day they've just announced for her. Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau, plus the necessary sea days to complete the trip. Don't think we'll do any before then though. We even bought an FCC to use on it.

I was thrilled to see the 7 day cruise until I saw Grand Turk was a fly over or lunch break....WTH? Do they need service or something they can only get there?

It amazes me RCL down the road can do a private island and Nassau in 3 days and takes carnival 5? Not only that but stay in Nassau until 12.

APDMOM - were you there for the May 3 sailaway? Was that you in the red car on "your" beach? (Whoever it was, she was shooting pictures)

That was me on the orange shirt on the aft corner of the Lido deck

I think I got you here...

DSC_0067.jpg

More pictures are on the roll call for that sail off:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1551899&page=7

Enjoy! If you want the original sizes sent to you, just e-mail me at APDMOM@live.com

APDMOM - will you be taking pictures on Saturday May 12th? You took pictures for us last May on this same cruise! It was so neat to see us at sailaway :)

Forgive me if someone has already asked about this date; I'm not sure if they have or not, I have just now started getting excited for our cruise and it made me think of you and your great pictures!

Hope you're doing well :)

APDMOM - will you be taking pictures on Saturday May 12th? You took pictures for us last May on this same cruise! It was so neat to see us at sailaway :)

Forgive me if someone has already asked about this date; I'm not sure if they have or not, I have just now started getting excited for our cruise and it made me think of you and your great pictures!

Hope you're doing well :)

It is so much fun to see familiar faces show up again! :) I have added you to my calendar. If it does not rain, we will be there. "See" you Saturday!

We may have to work on your excitement genes... I get excited about cruises I have not even booked yet. :D

Hi there - take some pictures for me too! I'm on the May 12th Fascination departure! Thank you so much! They will be a great addition to my scrapbook! My 81 yr old Mom's first cruise! We're so excited!

Lisa

APDMOM -- We are at the Hyatt Place this morning and will be going to the port around 10:30am. We'll be looking for you at Sail-a-Way.

Starboard aft where the umbrellas are. Thanks for doing what you do. :D:D

I hope I captured you! I posted the pictures on the roll call for the sailing. I did not know if you were following it, but here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=30736004

If you cannot access them, let me know & I will post them here. :)

Are you in these pictures?

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

I hope I captured you! I posted the pictures on the roll call for the sailing. I did not know if you were following it, but here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=30736004

If you cannot access them, let me know & I will post them here. :)

Are you in these pictures?

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Now will you look at that! At least three people are along the starboard rail wearing bright shirts! Next thing ya know, all of CC will be doing it! One guy even had my favorite spot! :eek:

;) No, that was not me - by 4:30 yesterday afternoon, we were in Columbia, SC on our way home... but I think I must have come up with a great idea.

Edited by oldrailfan

• 1 month later...
The word is question is acceptable in American English too, depending on its use... It is acceptable to call someone a braying *******, which means they sound like an upset donkey, but A**-hole is not acceptable in most circles...

Well, ain't that interesting - The PC police cover the word for a male donkey with asterisks, though is still shows up when I open this quote. Something automated? BRO-THERR!

Point is, how is ******* unacceptable? Look it up in Websters!

ADDED: Yep, something automated... covered up as soon as I posted. Ignorance is king!

Edited by oldrailfan

• 1 month later...
APDMOM - sorry, the you-know-what hit the fan and we couldn't make it down for your sailing. We'll try aonther time.

:D In South Africa it is the pawpaw (or papaya) that hits the fan... LOL!

We were fairly late leaving anyway. We did not get to our beach until about 5:50 p.m. or so. I did complete a picture review, if you want to read it...

Click here if you are interested.

• 4 weeks later...
APDMOM - sorry, the you-know-what hit the fan and we couldn't make it down for your sailing. We'll try aonther time.

Well, despite the rainy weather, we got the pics this time! The rain held off nicely :D

I posted your Aug 23 sailing pics on that roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35100428&posted=1#post35100428

Hope you had a great cruise!

Not sure how this works but will you be taking photos of Fascination leaving 9/6/12? We will be on that ship. Do you recommend a certain place for us to be and at a certain time for photos?

thank you

I have put you on my schedule. We are on a beach in Mayport. The ship usually gets to our spot between 5:20 and 5:40 p.m. The best place is starboard (right side of the ship) and aft (in the back by the waterworks). See the picture below

Photo2.jpg

Enjoy planning! Hope to 'see' you on the 6th :)

I hate to even ask but would it be possible to be added to your list to get photos done for our Sept. 15th cruise on Fascination? That is 3 weeks from yesterday (YAAAAAYYYYY!)

How can we tell, what do we look for to know when we're at the Mayport area?

This is so great that you are willing to do these. Thank you greatly. :)

LaRose

I have put you on my schedule. We are on a beach in Mayport. The ship usually gets to our spot between 5:20 and 5:40 p.m. The best place is starboard (right side of the ship) and aft (in the back by the waterworks). See the picture below

Enjoy planning! Hope to 'see' you on the 6th :)

I hate to even ask but would it be possible to be added to your list to get photos done for our Sept. 15th cruise on Fascination? That is 3 weeks from yesterday (YAAAAAYYYYY!)

How can we tell, what do we look for to know when we're at the Mayport area?

This is so great that you are willing to do these. Thank you greatly. :)

LaRose

Be on the right side of the ship (The same side you boarded from) and watch for Navy helicopters flying around. That's Mayport. You'll sail past several other land masses and a few marshes before you get there. APDMOM's beach is right as you leave the last marshy area, and there's a big storm drain pipe that runs out from the beach into the water about 50 feet. If you look back through this thread, I posted a snip from Google Earth that I marked.

I have put you on my schedule. We are on a beach in Mayport. The ship usually gets to our spot between 5:20 and 5:40 p.m. The best place is starboard (right side of the ship) and aft (in the back by the waterworks).

Wow, great job, great pictures, would love to see your calendar lol! :D We love going to that beach, bring a few snacks, glass of wine, perfect ending to the day. We only cruised on the Fascination once but it's still "magic" to see it turn the bend in the river. Do you have a update on what they are planning to do with the cruiseport?

APDMOM,

Would it be much trouble to request photos of September 20th's sailing? This is our first cruise! I am so excited and your photo's would make a great addition to our trip.

You are amazing in your willingness to help add a bit more magic to others vacations! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Will you take requests? We are sailing out Oct 13th, I would love pics of the ship leaving. :)

Loved your review, btw!

APDMOM,

Would it be much trouble to request photos of September 20th's sailing? This is our first cruise! I am so excited and your photo's would make a great addition to our trip.

You are amazing in your willingness to help add a bit more magic to others vacations! :D

Hi! I'm sorry for the delayed response! My notification of new posts must have been buried in a mass of e-mails since school started :rolleyes:

I have added both these dates to my calendar. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we will see you there. RandJArm00, enjoy planning your first cruise ever! There is nothing like your first cruise... except the second, the third, the fourth, etc. :D

Wow, great job, great pictures, would love to see your calendar lol! :D We love going to that beach, bring a few snacks, glass of wine, perfect ending to the day. We only cruised on the Fascination once but it's still "magic" to see it turn the bend in the river. Do you have a update on what they are planning to do with the cruiseport?

Thanks!

As for the new port: No updates yet... still stuck somewhere between the red tape and the brick wall :eek:

Not sure how this works but will you be taking photos of Fascination leaving 9/6/12? We will be on that ship. Do you recommend a certain place for us to be and at a certain time for photos?

thank you

Wow! The ship was early today - about 20 minutes earlier than usual! We got there just in time to snap a few shots. I will upload them this weekend. Hope you are enjoying your cruise & steer clear of the wild waters.