Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

We were almost on the ship with you, but that darn price just would not drop! :D so, instead we will be on the sidelines taking pictures of you... Hope the rain holds out.

Enjoy your cruise!

APDMOM:

Just to touch base, My wife, grandkids and I are on the Sep 3 sailing. We will try to be on that stub deck aft of the Lido buffet, and waving like mad.

Which beach do you go to? (So we'll know where to wave) I know you said once that it is where Hwy A1A turns to run along the beach. Is it at that long sweeping curve where the highway comes out of the marshes. or further down where it jogs left then right near the ferry? You had a pic from Google Earth posted at one time, but it's been removed.

Love your new avatar. Which ship did you take it on?

APDMOM:

Just to touch base, My wife, grandkids and I are on the Sep 3 sailing. We will try to be on that stub deck aft of the Lido buffet, and waving like mad.

Which beach do you go to? (So we'll know where to wave) I know you said once that it is where Hwy A1A turns to run along the beach. Is it at that long sweeping curve where the highway comes out of the marshes. or further down where it jogs left then right near the ferry? You had a pic from Google Earth posted at one time, but it's been removed.

Love your new avatar. Which ship did you take it on?

Thanks oldrailfan. The avatar is from Carnival Legend - our most impulsive cruise ever due to a last minute deal :) It was a lot of fun!

Our beach is about 1 mile from the ferry. It is where Mayport Road makes the first sharp right turn north of Wonderwood. You should be able to pick that out on the map. So, it is the first long curve after the marsh. The ship has been pretty consistent lately and reaches our spot around 5:20 p.m.

I'm sure you must be very excited with your cruise only a month away. We will see you there.

APDMOM:

This might also be a good place for the pictures so that you can be more visible. It never seems crowded there and it is easy to spot yourselves on the pics when you look at them... Either way, I hope I can capture you :)

Photo2.jpg

hi apdmon, we have a group of 18 cruising on Aug. 1, 2011. We all are from Gastonia, NC and would love to see a pic of ship leaving, we will be on deck waving if we can be.

Your pictures are posted on your roll call...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=30016044&posted=1#post30016044

Hope that invest steers clear of your destinations & that you are enjoying a great cruise! :)

This might also be a good place for the pictures so that you can be more visible. It never seems crowded there and it is easy to spot yourselves on the pics when you look at them... Either way, I hope I can capture you :)

Photo2.jpg

OK, either there or the deck immediately below it, which is the one I was thinking of... either way, keep an eye out, and we'll watch for you.

• 4 weeks later...
OK, either there or the deck immediately below it, which is the one I was thinking of... either way, keep an eye out, and we'll watch for you.

hey apdmom, oldrailfan and I will both be there. He may be on one deck and I might be on the other ;). Oldrailfan hopefully I will have something orange in my hand, and will be waving wildly with the other!!! --- oh maybe I will wear orange to match...oh look one outfit decided...9 days to go.

apdmom, it is sure great of you to do this for everybody. Thanks a whole bunch.

My wife and I are looking at hitting the easter carribean in late November so If it works out I'll have to let ya know as I would love some pics like these of us posting out.....>Great shot and looks like a good place to go dream up your next cruise!!

hey apdmom, oldrailfan and I will both be there. He may be on one deck and I might be on the other ;). Oldrailfan hopefully I will have something orange in my hand, and will be waving wildly with the other!!! --- oh maybe I will wear orange to match...oh look one outfit decided...9 days to go.

apdmom, it is sure great of you to do this for everybody. Thanks a whole bunch.

You are welcome. "See" you in a bit over a week! :)

That is the spot, yes! Hope you have a 'calm' cruise. I wonder how the one was that returned today... Probably a bit bumpy!

OK - my crowd and I will be looking for you, and since you're taking our picture, I'll try to return the favor. We'll be where you suggested, and it looks like a few of the participants on the cruise roll call are going to try to be there also for an informal meet-n-greet.

I am not inclined to motion sickness. I wish I could say the same for Rusty-Girl, and the grandkids are an unknown quantity, though they have no problem with autos or aircraft. It looks like Irene will be long-gone anyway, and there's nothing coming behind it so far. Rusty hasn't had any problem on our other cruises, but ya never know... Bonine on standby for all three. ;)

Eight days and counting!

Edited by oldrailfan
spelling

• 4 weeks later...

Photo2.jpg

I had talked to you a while back about a cruise Oct. 1st. and you said that you would try to be there for us. This looks like a good spot for us also. How far are you from the port? I also think that you said the ship will be there around 5:30? Last question, is this before or after the bridge?

thanks for your help

Jim

Photo2.jpg

I had talked to you a while back about a cruise Oct. 1st. and you said that you would try to be there for us. This looks like a good spot for us also. How far are you from the port? I also think that you said the ship will be there around 5:30? Last question, is this before or after the bridge?

thanks for your help

Jim

Hi, Jim. I will be on the lookout for you. The ship normally gets to our spot between 5:20 and 5:40 p.m. It is quite a while after you go under the bridge. The bridge is right by the port.

The last time I was scheduled to take pictures it was very late due to the tide. Most of the time it is right on time though, so hopefully I will capture you. Enjoy planning!

This is very nice of you to do this, and it seems like something you really enjoy doing as well.

Has anyone ever taken a picture of you from the ship, as you were taking a picture of them?... :D

Yes, somewhere back in this thread is a pic of me, on the beach with my camera, wishing I was onboard instead :rolleyes:

... and I do love taking the pics.

If you are able to take pictures on 10/29/11 I am going to have our group in that spot! Thanks I have been following this thread for awhile!

You get to go again, missdebi? Wish we could join you one of these days :D

I have you on my calendar. Weather permitting, I will be at the beach between 5:20 and 5:40 p.m. Enjoy planning!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your help

Jim

Here you are leaving today. :)

DSC_0056.jpg

I posted the rest of the pictures on your roll call. Hope you have an awesome cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1406086&page=11

Not sure if you will want to go out in the cold I am guessing weather but, we are going on Jan. 30th:p

Now knowing the spot and landmark and side of the ship it would be cool to see! Your pics are really amazing and you are making alot of people happy! :)

We don't mind the cold, at least not the FLORIDA cold :D

I will put you on my calendar, but it all depends on the time of sunset. There are about two months in the winter when it is too dark by the time the ship comes to get good photo's. I will get back with you closer to the time to confirm whether we will try.

In the meantime, enjoy planning & counting the days.

nice pics thanks so much!!

Thank you :) I see you are doing the single digit dance! Wish that we were doing the same, but we have about 2 months to wait. Let me know if you want to have send off pics when you leave.