Questions about Cable Beach Sheraton

3boyswrestle

Hi everyone! My husband and I and our two boys (ages 11 & 14) will be on the NCL Jewel 6/26/10 to the Bahamas. While in Nassau, I would like to take the local bus to the Cable Beach Sheraton. I see that there will be 6 ships in port the day we are there. When I called the number to reserve the advertised "day pass" , I was told you can't buy it ahead. Does anyone knew if the resort fills up and turns people away? On such a crowded day as this, how much time should we allow to make it back to the ship on time? Do we need to carry our passports or just leave them on the ship? Thank you everyone for all your help:)

We were just at Sheraton Cable Beach last week. We took the #10 bus for $1.25 pp to and from the resort. We had four ships in port the day we visited and the resort was empty. The front desk asked for ID and we showed them the copies of our passports. We never take our actual passports off the ship during port stops. We were able to use our credit card and the cost was $50.00 for both of us. We left the resort about 90 minutes before we were due back on the ship. We always give ourselves plenty of time to return to the ship "just in case." We had a great day and would return the next time we visited Nassau.

Were there any kayaks there for renting or for use for those with day passes?

They had plenty of toys for rental. They were even offering snorkeling excursions. Not sure if I recall seeing kayaks.

Each season, the TOYS change. They get warn out, drift away or are stolen... so at any given time, there's no telling what will be available.

BCH had 2 kayaks last time I was there.

Sheraton had 2 also, but only 1 the last time I was there.

And keep in mind, that you can only use the kayaks within the bounds of the hotel ropes. You're not free to just take off with it for a couple of hours.

If you are chooseing due to something specific like kayaks.. you might be disappoint.

Archived