How to convince the wife

thekings23

The wife wants to do a Disney land vaca in 2012 rather then cruise,and I would like to stay committed to cruising, what are some selling points that I can use to pursuit the wife, we do have 2 kids who will be 5 and 3 when the disney trip goes down

The wife wants to do a Disney land vaca in 2012 rather then cruise,and I would like to stay committed to cruising, what are some selling points that I can use to pursuit the wife, we do have 2 kids who will be 5 and 3 when the disney trip goes down

They really aren't old enough to really enjoy Disney yet. Plus a cruise is alot cheaper then Disney when you add food into the equation.Plus Camp Carnival will give you two some time alone while Disney you won't have any down time.

Disney is great and the kids will have a good time.Put it to a vote.But you must ask the kids and count their vote.:D

They have great deals now and they even include free food all week.

Steve

Tell Mickey I said Hi!:)

They really aren't old enough to really enjoy Disney yet. Plus a cruise is alot cheaper then Disney when you add food into the equation.

Book a package and the meal plan is free. There are some black out dates but its a great deal.

Steve

2 kids who will be 5 and 3 when the Disney trip goes down

D-land and D-world will be WAY too large and spread out for a five and three year old. The five year will relate to some of it. At three, too short of attention, and won't even really know the D characters yet.

Much better to wait for kids to be at least 8 and 6, Getting

that little one to First grade or between first and second is

a huge difference than even kindergarten (5 or 5+) And 8 is

not too old by any means.

\.Plus Camp Carnival will give you two some time alone while Disney you won't have any down time.

I said selling points, time alone is not the wifes fav,lol

D-land and D-world will be WAY too large and spread out for a five and three year old. The five year will relate to some of it. At three, too short of attention, and won't even really know the D characters yet.

not to old by any means.

We did Disney when my oldest was 1 (2 years ago), he may not remember it but he had a blast, I am going to lose this argument, boo

not too old by any means.

Excellent point i agree my son was 5 when i went and he didn't really enjoy it.

Just to play devil's advocate, there is a vast difference between DisneyLAND and DisneyWORLD. The free dining plans mentioned are WDW-specific. Also, Disneyland is in no way too big for a 3yo and 5yo; the parks are much smaller and easier to navigate than the WDW parks.

With that said, I would probably wait a year or two for Disney if you're only planning to go once. Threre are a lot more options for rides once a child is 40" tall, so that comes into consideration. I would think ages 5 & 7 would be ideal for that trip.

Whatever you do, have a great time!

Yes the package with the Disney food plan doesn't include Dinner only 2 small meals during the day. Dinner is the most expensive meal.....trust me i wanted to go back to Disney this year but couldn't touch it for the price of my Carnival cruise.

When did you look last?It looks like you have posted the quick service option. I live pretty close and the current deal is ..

For each night of your package stay you will enjoy:

• 1 Table-Service meal including entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage or one full buffet
  • 1 Quick Serve meal of either a complete Combo Meal or one entree with one dessert (Lunch or Dinner) or one juice (Breakfast)
  • 1 Snack choice of a frozen novelty ice cream, popsicle or fruit bar, single serving grab bag of Frito Lay's chips, one 20 oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dansani Water, single piece of whole fruit, medium fountain soft drink or apple juice

Steve

Go to WDW.....sorry....there not too young. They are at the age where the characters are "real".....this is priceless....Especially if you have girls and they are into Princesses.

You're probably right, I am kind of being selfish. I have two boys, but one of them really likes princesses, maybe we ca do a 3-4 day cruise out of canaveral and 2-3 days at WDW.

Yes the package with the Disney food plan doesn't include Dinner only 2 small meals during the day. Dinner is the most expensive meal.....trust me i wanted to go back to Disney this year but couldn't touch it for the price of my Carnival cruise.

There are packages that include very nice dinners. I ate at a Canadian Steakhouse, a Japanese Steakhouse where we sat around the cook, an Italian restaurant, a buffet with the Disney Characters. All of the meals were faboulous. Our package came with 1 snack per day, 1 meal at a fast food type place, and one at a nice restaurant. My trip to Disney with the meal package (no rental car, and cheap airfare) was much cheaper than a cruise. Plus I didn't feel the need for all of the frozen drinks I usually have.

You're probably right, I am kind of being selfish. I have two boys, but one of them really likes princesses, maybe we ca do a 3-4 day cruise out of canaveral and 2-3 days at WDW.

This sounds like the perfect compromise. I spent 4 1/2 days at Disney and that was enough. We saw every park and waterpark.

They really aren't old enough to really enjoy Disney yet. Plus a cruise is alot cheaper then Disney when you add food into the equation.Plus Camp Carnival will give you two some time alone while Disney you won't have any down time.

I disagree that the kids are two young to enjoy disney, we have been going since DD was 18months.

What about a 4 day Disney vacation and then a 4 day Carnival cruise. We considered this before decided to take a Disney break this year.

Way off base the offer is for 2 Quick serve meals per day per person plus each person also gets a "snack" . Their quick serve meals are bigger than most fast food value meals that are super sized. You can also upgrade to a "deluxe dining plan( one quick serve one sit down and a snack per person.Have you tried to book a "land and sea" package. Depending on the time of year you can get some pretty good deals. The only draw back to taking your kids there at their ages are that you may need to rent or bring a stroller.Both of my kids visited before they were 5 . my oldest at 5 still wanted a stroller but my youngest at 3 walked ALL the time we were there never even asking for a stroller. Whether your kids will enjoy WDW at their ages only you and most importantly them will decide that. But whichever you choose have a great trip.

Now that's the ticket! A little Disney, but not too much.

And some good family fun, pool time, etc etc on ship.

Have a Great Vacay.

There you go, sounds like a good plan to me. But definitely look at the package deals Disney has to offer -- they actually have some great deals at very affordable prices. If my kids were younger (and we didn't all OD on it during the 14 years I worked there), we'd go. lol

You could fly into Orlando and home out of Tampa. Do a few days at Disney World and then a short 4-day on the Inspiration out of Tampa. This way you could do both.

Check out www.ramadamaingatewest.com it is one of the best Family Hotels in the area. Less then a mile from the maingate and it has one of the only indoor heated pools in the area. Lots of kids activities and a family suite for less then $65.00 per night. Kids eat free too.

----- Or another option could be a day @ Busch Gardens with a day in Adventure Island in Tampa, then a 4 or 5 day on the Inspiration. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Busch Gardens offers a Busch Gardens room package that includes tickets to the park and Adventure Island, Airport pick-up and a shuttle to the Port of Tampa. You wouldn't even have to rent a car. The hotel is next to the park. They also offer a kids-eat-free program and have a wonderful tropical pool area.

Good Luck to you. :)

Way off base the offer is for 2 Quick serve meals per day per person plus each person also gets a "snack" . Their quick serve meals are bigger than most fast food value meals that are super sized. You can also upgrade to a "deluxe dining plan( one quick serve one sit down and a snack per person.Have you tried to book a "land and sea" package. Depending on the time of year you can get some pretty good deals. The only draw back to taking your kids there at their ages are that you may need to rent or bring a stroller.Both of my kids visited before they were 5 . my oldest at 5 still wanted a stroller but my youngest at 3 walked ALL the time we were there never even asking for a stroller. Whether your kids will enjoy WDW at their ages only you and most importantly them will decide that. But whichever you choose have a great trip.

What do you mean way off base i said 2 small meals ....you said 2 quick meals....you know what i am begining to think all other states get better deals then New Jersey because everybody thinks all of us are all millionaires here. The Disney website didn't offer me anything cheaper than a cruise and either did my Travel Company i deal with which is one of the largest in the United States. So i give up trying to discuss my point.....Lets put it this way i can't get anything cheaper then a cruise comparing 7 days to 7 days....Disney....Universal...or a All-inclusive! Period so i guess i need to move to your state or else im getting bull**** from you!

Archived