How to convince the wife

thekings23

Walking distance for everything on the ship. Characters meet and greets, dance parties, age appropriate activities for the kids: Flounders Reef for the 3 yrs old(resv required, $6 per hr) and Disney Oceaneer Club for the 5 yr old(included).

Nap times, your right there close to your cabin.

Meals and snacks are included.

Get to explore different ports of call.

Lots of fun for the WHOLE family!

I disagree that the kids are two young to enjoy disney, we have been going since DD was 18months.

What about a 4 day Disney vacation and then a 4 day Carnival cruise. We considered this before decided to take a Disney break this year.

Its not that they are too young but can't go on all the rides yet so why go...specially if you have been there already! My oldest boys and i went on rides while my wife had to watch my youngest or she went on and i had to watch him so thats all im trying to say. Its always fun at Disney but from my own experience i wouldn't go anymore till they were all 8 or over.

did you have to bring this up?? I just looked at the Disney website and I can go to Disney for the same number of nights with the free dining for $400 cheaper than my August cruise (not including the cruise tips). But it's been longer since our last cruise than our last Disney vacation, and I want to relax and not walk around in the humidity (and afternoon showers). I think I will stick with my two oceanview rooms and the ability to drop the kids off at Camp Carnival for some alone time! :D

The two older boys (17 & 10) walked by while I was typing and I asked their opinions and both answered immediately "CRUISE!", so I won't even bother to ask Dad! ;)

I guess I will continue to Dream about our upcoming cruise.

What do you mean way off base i said 2 small meals ....you said 2 quick meals....you know what i am begining to think all other states get better deals then New Jersey because everybody thinks all of us are all millionaires here. The Disney website didn't offer me anything cheaper than a cruise and either did my Travel Company i deal with which is one of the largest in the United States. So i give up trying to discuss my point.....Lets put it this way i can't get anything cheaper then a cruise comparing 7 days to 7 days....Disney....Universal...or a All-inclusive! Period so i guess i need to move to your state or else im getting bull**** from you!

Last year we had a 6 night package with quick serve dining plan ( I'm over 300lbs and each meal more than filled me up) and park hopper passes ( 2 adults and 2 kids ) at pop century which is one of their value resorts for 1800.00 plus trans. This past year we did a 5 night cruise out of NOLA balcony stateroom on the Triumph 1600.00 . Sept. for Disney and Feb for the cruise.No special resident rate or anything like that other than the special they advertised on ABC television for over a year. Booked both trips on our own. You do get t.v in Jersey don't you? Have a nice day!

If you like this message board and are planning a WDW vacation check out disboards.com. It is wonderful.

just be careful there...that site, like many other Disney sites, is owned by a travel agency (Dreams Unlimited) ...so sometimes you get a skewed view.

Last year we had a 6 night package with quick serve dining plan ( I'm over 300lbs and each meal more than filled me up) and park hopper passes ( 2 adults and 2 kids ) at pop century which is one of their value resorts for 1800.00 plus trans. This past year we did a 5 night cruise out of NOLA balcony stateroom on the Triumph 1600.00 . Sept. for Disney and Feb for the cruise.No special resident rate or anything like that other than the special they advertised on ABC television for over a year. Booked both trips on our own. You do get t.v in Jersey don't you? Have a nice day!

Well that explains it off season....i can't go in September cause my kids have school....and same with February. I can book the same cruise im going on in August 2010 for about $1,100.00 cheaper in September. Yes we have TV ...Taxes and alot more than most people in the world....Have a nice night! And if you work hard you can retire young like me too (52)

We took grandboy when he was 3.5 and he still refuses to ride the Viking (Norway?) boat again 3 years later. (Epcot) The only part he really liked was FanatsyLand and Toon Town. I'm not sure if it is worth it to take the youngest right now.

However, that being said, I did not start taking my daughter until she was 8 and we never went to FantasyLand or Toon Town because she was too old for those. So I'm a big help, aren't I? :D

Last time we went, last June all of the kids (14/8/6) much preferred Hard Rock Hotel and Universal. I think Disney may be the dream for adults but not so much for kids.

Well that explains it off season....i can't go in September cause my kids have school....and same with February. I can book the same cruise im going on in August 2010 for about $1,100.00 cheaper in September. Yes we have TV ...Taxes and alot more than most people in the world....Have a nice night! And if you work hard you can retire young like me too (52)

You cruise on 8/22/10. The deals in question that you say aren't available to you because you live in NJ is available to anybody and doesn't exclude residents of NJ.

The deals are for stays from 8/15 to 10/2.

Choose from two deals that give you most of your meals for FREE!

Buy a 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package and get a FREE dining plan for stays most nights August 15 through October 2, 2010. The choice is yours:

FREE Disney Dining Plan

Purchase this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Disney Moderate, Disney Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and save $689 for a family of 4.

For example: Just $77 per person per day in a standard room at a select Disney Moderate Resort for a family of 4; that's a total package price of $1,843 for stays most nights 8/15/10-9/30/10.

Learn about the Disney Dining Plan.

Or FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan

Purchase this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select

Disney Value Resorts and save $529 for a family of 4.

For example: Just $60 per person per day in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort for a family of 4; that's a total package price of $1,440 for stays most nights

8/15/10-9/30/10.

Learn about the Disney Quick-Service

Dining Plan.

Bill

You're probably right, I am kind of being selfish. I have two boys, but one of them really likes princesses, maybe we ca do a 3-4 day cruise out of canaveral and 2-3 days at WDW.

That's what we did when our boys were 4 and 5. We went to Orlando and spent 2/3 day at Magic Kingdom and another 2/3 day at MGM studios then the last day at Downtown Disney. 2/3 day was all they could take at that age.

For our next leg we spent 2 days in CoCo Beach. Stayed at this Holiday Inn right on the beach in a family room (a set of bunk beds and and a TV in its own little room and in another area a Queen bed and TV for us).

For the last leg we did our first cruise to Freeport and Nassau. Not my favorite itinerary but it was fun. We did a 4 day and it was perfect for us.

It was fun and it seems like a great comprimise. I hope you guys have as much fun as we did.

You cruise on 8/22/10. The deals in question that you say aren't available to you because you live in NJ is available to anybody and doesn't exclude residents of NJ.

Buy a 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package and get a FREE dining plan for stays most nights August 15 through October 2, 2010. The choice is yours:

FREE Disney Dining Plan

Purchase this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Disney Moderate, Disney Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and save $689 for a family of 4.

For example: Just $77 per person per day in a standard room at a select Disney Moderate Resort for a family of 4; that's a total package price of $1,843 for stays most nights 8/15/10-9/30/10.

For example: Just $60 per person per day in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort for a family of 4; that's a total package price of $1,440 for stays most nights

8/15/10-9/30/10.

Dining Plan.

Bill

Still thats only 5 nights/6days ....my cruise is 7 days and the Disney deal doesn't include airfare does it? And thats not dining at any of the in Disney resort restaurants is it? Like Boatwrights in Port Orleans? I don't want burger and fries every meal.

They really aren't old enough to really enjoy Disney yet. Plus a cruise is alot cheaper then Disney when you add food into the equation.Plus Camp Carnival will give you two some time alone while Disney you won't have any down time.

Are you kidding?! They are the perfect age for Disney! How about doing a 4 or 5 day cruise out of Port Canerval and 3 or 4 days at Disney? Everyone is happy!:D

4477.18 Thats the price i just got from WDW site so its not cheaper and im flying to Puerto Rico for the cruise...thats 7 days versus 7 days.I will say my booze isn't included in either so cruise is still better and cheaper...they gave me the 1 sit down meal and 1 fast meal and 1 snack for the above price!

D-land and D-world will be WAY too large and spread out for a five and three year old. The five year will relate to some of it. At three, too short of attention, and won't even really know the D characters yet.

Much better to wait for kids to be at least 8 and 6, Getting

that little one to First grade or between first and second is

a huge difference than even kindergarten (5 or 5+) And 8 is

not too old by any means.

My granddaughters went to disney at 3 and 5 and they both knew all of the characters. We spent half our time standing in line for autographs they just had to have.

If you like this message board and are planning a WDW vacation check out disboards.com. It is wonderful.

Oh, the Disboards! My first online love. So many happy hours spent there.:p

Anyway I find this post most amusing. DH and I do not have children and are HUGE WDW people. We have always vacationed there. This time I wanted to try something different and started a campaign to try cruising instead. I am happy to report that my cruise campaign was a success! :D

Here were my main points:

1. The cruise is cheaper. We have an inside stateroom and got a good deal on a Valor sailing in October. This ended up being cheaper than staying at the Pop Century and getting the free dining. (If we still had annual passes to WDW then things would be different, but with the cost of tickets the cruise is cheaper.)
  2. The cruise will be more restful. DH loves to relax. I pointed out that although WDW is wonderful it requires much walking and we always end up exhausted and with sore feet. On the cruise DH can rest in lounge chair and sleep in.
  3. Fantasyland under construction. Yes, this is a bit of trickery on my part. Although there is construction going on in Fantasyland it is by no means closed. Still, I told DH it might be fun to stay away from WDW until the "new" Fantasyland is complete so we can get the full wow-factor.
  4. WDW isn't going away. We can always go back to WDW on our next vaca if we want to.
  5. Passport stamps. We just got our passports and we'll be able to use them on a cruise.
  6. Birthday ease. The cruise is over my birthday. This is my present and also relieves DH of planning responsibilities.

So there you go. Good luck!

Are you kidding?! They are the perfect age for Disney! How about doing a 4 or 5 day cruise out of Port Canerval and 3 or 4 days at Disney? Everyone is happy!:D

No your right any age is good for Disney but they won't be able to go on say Test Track or Tower of Terror so why not wait a few years thats all im saying.

FREE Disney Dining Plan

8/15/10-9/30/10.

Dining Plan.

Bill

I am always ranting on the boards about the great Disney deals and of course I am always flamed for liking Disney...it is good to see I am not alone in knowing a good deal!!!!

Just a little added info....Disney put out their Free Dining a little later and a little different than last year. Such as Quick service only at ValueResorts and Table service plans only at Moderate resorts. Last year that didn't matter and you could stay at a Value and still get free Table service.

Also, and my SIL found out the hard way when booking her dining reservations......WDW changed from last years 90 day advance reservation and went back to the old 180 day advance reservation dates.

So since they put out the free dining late...something like April (as opposed to February in 2009) and changed back to 180 vervus 90 day.....those booking the packages now are finding it difficult to get the good restaurants at decent times..if at all. Of course it does depend on the size of table you are looking for as well. Places like Liberty Tree Tavern and Chef Mickeys were unattainable for SIL. She of course thought that 90 days was still in effect so she waited until last week to book for mid August.

Nonetheless she got good enough reservations....albeit not her first choices.

Personally, I love table service but the counter service option when staying at a value resort is not so bad either. Last August while staying at a Value Resort and with the free Table service dining plan, we had a few counter services left over so we ate our way around the World Showcase one day...the Fish & Chips was actually better than Carnival's and equal to that I had in London. We tried a numeber of cuisines with no wait, no tips and no crowds.

No your right any age is good for Disney but they won't be able to go on say Test Track or Tower of Terror so why not wait a few years thats all im saying.

why not just go back again? WDW is far from a "once in a lifetime" vacation!!! Glad to say that my kids have experienced it at many different ages...and I had not issues with bottles, strollers etc when they were younger.

I really think that parents who want to experience it with a toddler in tow do it well. It is great to experience it with a 5 yo, a 10 yo, a teen...a grandparent.......WDW always goes on our vacation intin. every few years and while we may take a break for 3 or 4 years...we will always go back.

My granddaughters went to disney at 3 and 5 and they both knew all of the characters. We spent half our time standing in line for autographs they just had to have.

If you had gotten the Disney Dining Plan you would have been able to go to character Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners you know!!! Just sayin':)

Yep, charahter meals are included and here is a hint for you....forget the Cinderella Castle as that uses up 2 meal points...go to the Norway Pavilion and have BF there....uses only 1 meal point and all the Princesses come to your table. As with the Dining Plan..be it free or not depending on time of the year....The Norway restaurant...which serves an American BF....gives you a free photo package with Belle. 8x10, 2 4x6's and I thin a 5 x 7.

They bring it to your table before you leave.....or they can send it to your room.:) Nice..............

4477.18 Thats the price i just got from WDW site so its not cheaper and im flying to Puerto Rico for the cruise...thats 7 days versus 7 days.I will say my booze isn't included in either so cruise is still better and cheaper...they gave me the 1 sit down meal and 1 fast meal and 1 snack for the above price!

How many are you? and where are you staying? What dates? Are you sure that they are giving you the food for free?

Of course you could use their Visa card and start to accumulate cash points....My price last August was $2995 for 5 people for 8 days at a value resort...which have family suites that sleep 6 btw....with 2 bathrooms.....free table service dining and admission to the parks...only one park per day (because that is all we need and it is much cheaper) and transport to and from MCO. I bet they gave you park hopper and water park tix as they like to pull a fast one.

I had $1500 points so my net...without airfare was $1495!!!:eek: Air was about $1400 so my total was $2895.

Archived