Barcelona Hotel

aldrin

We have stayed at various hotels in Barcelona. We don't like to be where the actions is, i.e., we rather not be in old town or near the Ramblus, main area for tourists, so these may not be what you are looking for but here goes.

Two different Hiltons, one in the financial district, the second on the east side of the city (farest from the airport) in the convention area, right on the Mediterranean sea. There was good public transportation from the convention center area to city center. The most expensive hotel we stayed at is The Arts, a Westin Hotel, right on the Mediterranean. The least expensive, was at the airport, a Marriott property, it was new. Actually all of these hotels are relatively new and modern.

We always take taxis to a hotel because we have a lot of luggage. There is an airport bus that goes to city center.

A friend and I flew in a day in advance for a cruise last November. After much research we decided to stay at Eurostars Ramblas Boqueria. We had luggage on wheels so we were able to take the bus from the airport and then walked approximately 5 blocks from the Catalunya dropoff to the hotel, which was conveniently located on Las Ramblas overlooking the flower market and right next door to the Boqueria. We dropped our bags off in our room and then walked back to the Placa and took the doubledecker bus tour to take in the sights. The next day, even though it was a bit of a hike, we decided to walk down Las Ramblas to the spot where you catch the bus to the ship. We loved the convenience of the location and the rooms were nice as well, with a lovely balcony overlooking Las Ramblas. And just as a note...we did not have any issues with noise from Las Ramblas at night. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again if I were to go back to Barcelona. Enjoy your trip!

Archived