Pride of America Dress Code

whatcruiseisnext

What is allowed in the MDR on the Pride of America? We are doing a long pre- and a long post cruise with the POA cruise thrown in the middle. Would prefer if we could get away with only capris for me and shorts for DH. I know that shorts are not acceptable on other itineraries BUT is Hawaii more relaxed. Please don't bash me...I am only asking a question. If it is NOT acceptable to wear shorts, we will definitely follow the dress code. Thanks!

What is allowed in the MDR on the Pride of America? We are doing a long pre- and a long post cruise with the POA cruise thrown in the middle. Would prefer if we could get away with only capris for me and shorts for DH. I know that shorts are not acceptable on other itineraries BUT is Hawaii more relaxed. Please don't bash me...I am only asking a question. If it is NOT acceptable to wear shorts, we will definitely follow the dress code. Thanks!
I just Googled "shorts Pride of America" and found the this link to a Q&A area on the NCL website (scroll down to the second entry). It's not real current. Maybe someone who has personal experience with shorts will respond. Have fun on your vacation!

This is from the Dailies:

What to Wear: For dinner, collared shirts and a pair of khakis for men,

andskirts or sundresses for the ladies. Nice jeans are cool in all

restaurants except the Liberty, but please no shorts or athletic wear in

Uberty or Jefferson's Bistro. Kids under 12- nice shorts or jeans are

okay. The Cadillac Diner and Aloha Cafe both offer a casual atmosphere.

There are two main dining rooms on the POA. The Liberty and the Skyline. They both have the same menus and service but the Liberty is the dressier of the two. You may wear shorts in the Skyline main dining room and not feel out of place.

Yes I have talked to another couple that was on this cruise earlier this year and was told shorts can be worn in either dining room....

Not many dressed for formally either.

I think this is a very relaxed cruise and you will see many in Capri's and shorts.

We just got off the ship and I have to say there were more people dressed up in the evenings than I expected.

My DH brought one pair of dockers and I brought one dress and we never wore them. The Skyline DR did allow shorts. We ate there twice, but because our group did not care for the food there, we ate the rest of the time in the Aloha Cafe (buffet).

If you don't feel like dressing up and are okay eating at the Skyline, Aloha or the Cadillac Diner, you will be just fine in very casual clothes.

The freestyle daily says that jeans are not allowed in the Liberty dining room; however, one night there was a wait for Skyline and I said I would just go to my room and change so we could eat at Liberty. The host told me jeans were allowed in Liberty. I wore jeans to dinner and the shows every night except the "dress up or not night." I did wear a dress that night. I had dressier clothes with me, but I thought the dining rooms were pretty cold and preferred to have my legs covered so I decided to wear jeans.

We too just got off the POA

We ate almost every evening in the Skyline and dress was not an issue for us. Shorts for your husband and capris for you would be perfect. Anything you feel confortable wearing walking around on deck would work, short of a bathing suit. There were some that like to dress up for dinner, but I think that the majority enjoyed dinner in shorts. But I also wasn't really worried with what others were or were not wearing. I think taking extra clothes just for dinner would be extreme overpacking. I took a pair of dockers with me, but they never made it out of the suitcase. What a waste of precious souvenir space!

I enjoyed the Skyline. I ate almost every breakfast and dinner there. I dislike buffets in general and would much perfer to relax and be served. It takes a bit longer to eat there, but it was a nice way to unwind after a busy day ashore. We would typically be back on ship before 6 (required when departing that evening). We would get freshened up after returning aboard ship, stroll around the ship a bit and head to the diningroom around 7ish. We would always be seated right away.

I didn't have a problem with shorts in the Skyline and felt like the servers treated me like royalty. I loved the Skyline!

Archived