Carnival Cruise Genie

Talli

Oh my gosh! It really does work! :D

Sometime in the last week or so, I got an email about a price drop that turned out to be either a different cabin category or a different sailing. I only remember that I went to check when I received the email, and it didn't apply to my category.

BUT........drumroll........I got an email in the last 15 minutes or so that actually DOES apply to our December 12 sailing on the Legend! I quickly took a screen shot and sent the form off. WOO HOO! We'll take another $20 pp off the price of that 8E! :D The Past Guest rate had also dropped and we could have upgraded, but I'm happy with the cabin we've chosen.

THANK YOU, Cruise Genie! :)

How's everybody else doing with price drops. Hoping Carnival is treating every one good.

We're on Freedom 9/5/10 and so far NOTHING! I check multiple times a day and also signed up with cruise genie.

I keep hoping!! 2 months away!

I got an e-mail about our Miracle cruise in Jan. it dropped around $100 but the amount I paid for our cabin they will have to drop a lot more!!:eek: In fact I don't know the price of our cabin we were switched because they need our cabin for storing the art for the auctions!! Went from Rivera to Upper deck not added charge so I can safely say I got a great deal!!!

Has anyone had any luck with receiving notifications of price drops? I registered in April? and have only received emails on site problems being fixed but no price drops yet. How has everyone else done with this site?

Thanks!

Talli

Ha! The one and only notification I received was 18 hrs after I saw a price drop myself! There have been many price drops I have seen since, but nooooo notifications. Well, you get what you pay for with Cruise Genie...

I have tried twice to request notification of price drops on our Hawaii cruise next year. Cruise Genie finds the sailing, but when I request notification the website tells me "search yielded no results". I'll try again in a few days. The other price drop site didn't find the sailing at all.

Ha! The one and only notification I received was 18 hrs after I saw a price drop myself! There have been many price drops I have seen since, but nooooo notifications. Well, you get what you pay for with Cruise Genie...

Have you emailed to see if they can figure out why your not getting notifications? Perhaps the problem is on your end. I got emails of price drops and it saved me $260. I can't believe people complain about a free service.

Have you emailed to see if they can figure out why your not getting notifications? Perhaps the problem is on your end. I got emails of price drops and it saved me $260. I can't believe people complain about a free service.

Are you implying that FLCruiser is complaining??? Geeze, the poster is simply stating their experience with the service!!! I'm sure they expect to get exactly what they paid for!!!

On a lighter note, does this service work for air fares also?

Are you implying that FLCruiser is complaining??? Geeze' date=' the poster is simply stating their experience with the service!!! I'm sure they expect to get exactly what they paid for!!!

On a lighter note, does this service work for air fares also?[/quote']

Sorry if I came off too harsh sounding. The service is free and I was just wondering if tried to find out where the problem was. I recieved a couple of price drop emails so I know it worked for me. I just felt some blame the problem on the website when it could be on their end (junk folder etc). Sorry if I came off to hard. This works only for carnival cruises but I think kayak has one that checks airfare.

I have got notifications for three of my cruises starting Dec. 21/10 , then Jan. 2011 cruises.

I have been reduced a total of $180 in the last two weeks. My december cruise just dropped $100 a couple of days ago thanks to Genie !!!!

Charleyann

I have got notifications for three of my cruises starting Dec. 21/10 , then Jan. 2011 cruises.

I have been reduced a total of $180 in the last two weeks. My december cruise just dropped $100 a couple of days ago thanks to Genie !!!!

Charleyann

Awesome, congratulations! :) Is there a form you send in to Cruise Genie to have it lower your fare? There must be some sort of limit, otherwise everyone would ask Cruise Genie to lower their fare to $0. :confused: How does that work? :confused:

Awesome' date=' congratulations! :) Is there a form you send in to Cruise Genie to have it lower your fare? There must be some sort of limit, otherwise everyone would ask Cruise Genie to lower their fare to $0. :confused: How does that work? :confused:[/color']

Hi sorry its not like that. The carnival cruise genie is a website that let's you input your cruise information then watches that cruise for price drops. If one is found it emails you alerting you to the drop. You can then request an o.b.c. saves checking prices everyday.

Hi sorry its not like that. The carnival cruise genie is a website that let's you input your cruise information then watches that cruise for price drops. If one is found it emails you alerting you to the drop. You can then request an o.b.c. saves checking prices everyday.

They also email you touting a great book for sale that will help you win the lottery!:rolleyes:

Bill

Has anyone had any luck with receiving notifications of price drops? I registered in April? and have only received emails on site problems being fixed but no price drops yet. How has everyone else done with this site?

Thanks!

Talli

Same here, I just got an $80 OBC for our Sept. cruise on the Liberty and didn't receive any notification. I just keep checking the Carnival site.

• 1 month later...

I had a price drop yesterday...The Genie didn't tell me!!! I look everyday @ Carnival's site. It was for our 3 day Paradise next weekend. We purchased last weekend and immediately added it to our Cruise Genie...I was able to get a free upgrade. The price drop was $30.00 PP. My personal advice...It may work sometimes, but don't rely on it. I still have four other cruises registered with it.

I've been trying to get to the Carnival Genie site and all I get is a web page stating the domain page has just been registered. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I got the same thing. Does that mean the site is no longer active?

I've been trying to get to the Carnival Genie site and all I get is a web page stating the domain page has just been registered. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I received an email a little while ago (month or so) and it said that Carnival asked him to take it down because it had "carnival" in the name or something to that effect.

Archived