Torre del Lago Puccini?

poss

Has anyone visited this area? Our ship has an excursion from Livorno which includes Lucca (which we're most interested in), Pisa (less so), and the Puccini residence/museum. It would be a long day-- 10 hours. Not sure whether to sign on for that, or just do Lucca. Know Florence fairly well, so will skip this time.

In short, would love to get feedback on Torre del Lago. I did a "search" but couldn't find any entries. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I did wander to Torre del Lago once. It is a rather boring little village without any particular beauty. The museum is not worth the effort (and I'm an Italian Opera freak). The Marina is one of the original gay beaches of Europe in case you are writing a book on gay sunbathing. <grin>

Thanks for those two responses. I'd suspected that the Puccini site couldn't be all that great or there'd've been much more mention of it.

This now presents a quandary for us. We'd signed up for a 10-hour tour that included Pisa, Lucca, and Puccini. We'd been thinking anyway that 10 hours was a bit longer than we'd enjoy. But once we cancel the PLP tour, we have to choose between Lucca and Pisa. We'd love to see both, but times conflict. So I guess I'll pose the query in yet another post and see if there's any kind of consensus from CC about which of the two might be more interesting.

Thanks again.

Archived