Best place to buy wine/soda in NYC before boarding at Bayonne?

DACmom

We are staying in New York City a couple days before sailing. We will be taking a car service to Bayonne the day we sail. Does anyone have suggestions as to where to buy the wine, soda, and water before boarding? We were going to just look around and find a place while in NYC, but thought I would throw it our here and ask just in case. Should we wait and have car stop somewhere on way or go ahead and buy beforehand and have it all ready?

We are staying at the Empire Hotel on W 63rd St in Manhattan.

Thanks in advance.

We are staying in New York City a couple days before sailing. We will be taking a car service to Bayonne the day we sail. Does anyone have suggestions as to where to buy the wine, soda, and water before boarding? We were going to just look around and find a place while in NYC, but thought I would throw it our here and ask just in case. Should we wait and have car stop somewhere on way or go ahead and buy beforehand and have it all ready?

We are staying at the Empire Hotel on W 63rd St in Manhattan.

Thanks in advance.

If you go one light past the terminal light there was a big shopping center I think there was a Target and a grocery store up there as well.:)

If you go one light past the terminal light there was a big shopping center I think there was a Target and a grocery store up there as well.:)

Thank you.... I think that sounds like a great idea. We may try that. But would they have the wine?

We're doing the same thing. What car service did you sign up for? We'll be staying around 37th and Lexington. Thanx for the info. Carol

We are using the Black Executive Car service as recommended on here.

Thank you.... I think that sounds like a great idea. We may try that. But would they have the wine?

Hmmm not sure about that. Possibly the grocery store. I know out here in Maryland the grocery stores are not allowed to sell alcohol for some stupid reason.

You can't buy beer or wine at a Target like store or grocery store in the State of New Jersey. You have to go to a liquor store.

As you pass the entrance to the Cruise Ship Terminal coming down Rt. 440, have your driver go about 1/4 of a mile, and there is Bridgeview Liquors. You should be able to get all your goodies (wine, water, soda) there. Their address is 300 Rt 440 South. It's just right past the Stop & Shop (grocery store) shopping center on your right.

Thanks so much for all your help!!

Sarah .... I didn't even realize it was you answering my question. ha... HI!!

My husband is from Beltsville, MD. I knew that about their grocery stores. We always seem to move to a dry or damp county and have to drive to the next county to buy anything!

Thanks so much Wine-O for the advise.... I trust from your name that you know what you speak!! ha

Thanx DACmom - there are so many car services to choose from, it's good to hear of a recommended one. I think I've seen your name on the cc connections for the 6/23 trip right? If so, see you at the meet and greet.

I've tried to find Black Exec. Car Service and can't seem to find them. Is it under another name? HELP!!

Here you go...

http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/

We have never used them, but can tell you afterwards if we like them!

Oh... and no I am not sailing on June 23... I sail on June 6.... even sooner..:D

But, I wish I was going on both! ha I may have written something on that thread, I don't know, I am so excited I have been all over this board! ha

Archived