Indian Meals?

Maple_Girl

I noticed on the Carnival Dining Website that Indian Meals are available upon request. Here is the link to the Indian menu. This is the verbiage:

We are able to provide Indian Meals for guests who request them. The meals are available on all ships and itineraries.

Procedures

• We will accept requests for Indian meals up to 2-weeks prior to the saildate.
  • There are no selections for breakfast-type foods.
  • The Indian meals will only be served in the Main Dining Room during lunch and dinner.
  • The meals cannot be requested through any e-channels.

What is the reason for this? Are there special Indian dietary concerns? I was thinking about ordering something (I love Indian food! :D ). Would this be rude in some way (much like requesting a handicapped room when one is not needed)?

Got me. I know that India is usually one of the countries of the day at the Lido buffet and there is usually some sort of Indian dish in the MDR night. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Hindu (Hindi?) dietary restrictions?

Got me. I know that India is usually one of the countries of the day at the Lido buffet and there is usually some sort of Indian dish in the MDR night. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Hindu (Hindi?) dietary restrictions?

That's what I was thinking. No beef or dairy?

MrCo9: LOL. Yes, I assumed Carnival meant Indian as in India.

MrCo9: LOL. Yes, I assumed Carnival meant Indian as in India.

That's my thinking. I don't know much about the restrictions, but I do know no beef.

If you can, check out the recent menus from the Main Dining room. Like I said, they usually have some sort of Indian dish available if you like it.

Dietary Needs

Carnival Cruise Lines can provide our guests with the following special dietary needs: Vegetarian, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Fat, Low-Carbohydrates, Low-Sugar, Gluten Free, Indian Vegetarian and Kosher. If you have food allergies, please advise your dining staff once onboard.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

The PC term is Native American, not Indian.

If you mean hindi, yes you can have it.

Indian is no longer politically incorrect although most that follow the Red Path prefer American Indian. All of us who were born and grew up in America are Native Americans.

I am an Indian food nut and eat it whenever I get the chance. I have been able to request Indian lunch and dinner in the MDR on all the Carnival ships that I have sailed. On the Holiday and the Fantasy no advance notice required, on the Triumph I had to let them know the night before. Many of the galley staff are Indian and you can either literally share their dinner (more basic) or they will make up special dishes on request. Veggie or with meat (usually chicken, lamb or fish is available). It is no big deal for them make up a special request meal of Indian food.

Iv ordered it twice onboard. YOu have to give them 24 hours notice. My waiter must never have seen it. He kept insisting on my May 8th cruise it would just be curry and I said last time it was a whole bunch of stuff. So, I said, ok he must know, and ordered appetisers first... and wasnt hungry.

Sure enough it was a whole bunch of dishes, full sized dishes that time. Our whole table sampled them they sent so much.

Both times it was on Triumph, were I see now Traveler353 got it too and said too have to give 24 hours notice on that ship.

I got 6 to 8 things, but different, but very good. different bread each time too.

The Splendor has Tandoor Grill during lunch. The food Indian, was fantastic. I didn't see it offered in the Main Dining Room while we were on the ship, I may have missed it though.

It is usually on the menu only one night, but is available for the asking any day.

Indian is no longer politically incorrect although most that follow the Red Path prefer American Indian. All of us who were born and grew up in America are Native Americans.
Native of America, but not Native American.

Native Americans (also Indians, Aboriginal Peoples, American Indians, First Nations, Alaskan Natives, Amerindians, or Indigenous Peoples of America) are the indigenous inhabitants of The Americas prior to the European colonization, and their modern descendants. This term comprises a large number of distinct tribes, states, and ethnic groups, many of them still enduring as political communities.

Native of America, but not Native American.

Native Americans (also Indians, Aboriginal Peoples, American Indians, First Nations, Alaskan Natives, Amerindians, or Indigenous Peoples of America) are the indigenous inhabitants of The Americas prior to the European colonization, and their modern descendants. This term comprises a large number of distinct tribes, states, and ethnic groups, many of them still enduring as political communities.

He said, she said, Can't we all just learn to get along.:D

The meals do not contain beef, but I've have several Indian dishes onboard that do contain cheese. Paneer cheese to be exact. It is a northern Indian cottage cheese that is made from scalded milk that has had vinegar or lemon juice added to it to make it curdle. The curds are presses to remove the whey and you have paneer cheese. It is delicious. On almost every Carnival cruise I've been on they've even had paneer and vegetables (sometimes as kebabs) on the Lido buffet.

I noticed on the Carnival Dining Website that Indian Meals are available upon request. Here is the link to the Indian menu. This is the verbiage:

We are able to provide Indian Meals for guests who request them. The meals are available on all ships and itineraries.

Procedures

• We will accept requests for Indian meals up to 2-weeks prior to the saildate.
  • There are no selections for breakfast-type foods.
  • The Indian meals will only be served in the Main Dining Room during lunch and dinner.
  • The meals cannot be requested through any e-channels.

What is the reason for this? Are there special Indian dietary concerns? I was thinking about ordering something (I love Indian food! :D ). Would this be rude in some way (much like requesting a handicapped room when one is not needed)?

Hope you have no one your waiter is waiting on having Indian Meals.:mad:

Service at your table dimishes, very time consuming to serve. We finally requested new table away from the group having Indian meals everynight.

I think it is BS.

Hope you have no one your waiter is waiting on having Indian Meals.:mad:

Service at your table dimishes, very time consuming to serve. We finally requested new table away from the group having Indian meals everynight.

I think it is BS.

Really, most of it is already pre-made up. I have never had to wait any extra time and have certainly never held up others at my table waiting on me to be served.:D

Really, most of it is already pre-made up. I have never had to wait any extra time and have certainly never held up others at my table waiting on me to be served.:D

Serving time was horrible. Might have been due to Indian servers serving the Indian people. No matter, it was bad.

It is called Indian Vegetarian Dinner on the menu. It contains the following:

Cottage Cheese and Peas, Roasted Vegetables Mash with Indian Spices

Slow Cooked Chick Peas, Indian Bread Stuffed with Cumin Scented Red Onions.

The Cottage Cheese is not what we think of. It looks more like small cubes of tofu. Usually the Chick Peas (Garbanzo beans) are a little spicy.

Just had this yesterday on the Paradise.

GEDC1397.jpg

• 1 year later...

hI THERE,

Whoever posted the message with the carnival link stating the specifics for ordering indian vegeterian dinner. Can you please post the link again. I dont know how to get in touch with them to request the indian vegeterian lunch and dinner. will be on carnival destiny. thanks

I had it once and it came with everyone's entrees so nothing was delayed.

It was too spicy for me but found out later it can be ordered in a mild version.

Plan to do it again when next days menu is not that much to my liking.

Archived