New Orleans sailings : Are bookings down??

Tapi

We're booked on the Triumph 7 night E. Caribbean out of New Orleans in August, and Carnival just dropped prices again today.

Our final payment is not for another few weeks but we paid in full on April 27th. Since then, we've received almost $300 refunded back to my credit card, (including today's refund) because of price drops.

So, are bookings down? Are people shying away from booking out of New Orleans? I checked other 7 night itineraries from Tampa, Port Canaveral and Galveston for the same exact week and prices are considerably higher.

* This is the least I've ever paid for a 7 night cruise, BTW *

My November booking has gone up and up and up. It only went down once ($5 pp), and has since steadily climbed back up. But August is during hurricane season and perhaps that is why it's gone down?:rolleyes:

I'm also booked on the Triumph in Aug. my ?? is how do you know if/when the price goes down?? Do they email you?? Do I need to check somewhere?? I checked under my booking # and it still says the same thing it did a couple of months ago when I booked.

My November booking has gone up and up and up. It only went down once ($5 pp), and has since steadily climbed back up. But August is during hurricane season and perhaps that is why it's gone down?:rolleyes:

I will be on the same sailing as you Nolalady. I checked the price and you are right. It has gone up since we booked our cruise. Glad I booked it early. :D

We're booked on the Triumph 7 night E. Caribbean out of New Orleans in August, and Carnival just dropped prices again today.

Our final payment is not for another few weeks but we paid in full on April 27th. Since then, we've received almost $300 refunded back to my credit card, (including today's refund) because of price drops.

So, are bookings down? Are people shying away from booking out of New Orleans? I checked other 7 night itineraries from Tampa, Port Canaveral and Galveston for the same exact week and prices are considerably higher.

Just means that bookings for your particular sailing are slow. As has been mentioned, August/September are prime months for Atlantic hurricanes, and most schools in the southeast will be back in session by mid August. Those would probably be the main reasons.

Hmmmmm. I thought after final payment you were issued OBC instead of a refund on your credit card. :confused:

Hmmmmm. I thought after final payment you were issued OBC instead of a refund on your credit card. :confused:

Go back to my original post. Final payment is not for a few more weeks, but we already paid in full...:)

My friend is on Triumph over July 4th, and got her 3rd price drop.

Id say bookings are down since the oil spill.

I also got a good last minute rate on 7 day western a week or so ago, last minute. Everyone on my roll calls was talking about upsells and rate drops.

Ours went up for the first few weeks after I had paid in full, then after the oil spill all the sudden balcony rooms became available and the prices went WAY down!!!! My TA got me upgraded from inside 4E to balcony Lido deck 8E. Then a few days after that the prices started to jump back up.

This was such a nice treat, and I can't wait to surprise my daughter on Thursday's sailing.

We have seen three drops to our October cruise...

and I do expect to see them keep going down...

partly because the big question is with the oil at the River now,

will we even cruise from NOLA or will we end up going to

Tamp or Galveston....

(and watch what happens now that the ship if actually affected)

We have seen three drops to our October cruise...

and I do expect to see them keep going down...

partly because the big question is with the oil at the River now,

will we even cruise from NOLA or will we end up going to

Tamp or Galveston....

(and watch what happens now that the ship if actually affected)

Tampa and Galveston may not be options in October if the oil spill continues to spread. Galveston in particular is in greater danger of being affected by then if the leak is not capped soon. The oil is starting to spread westward and the currents are forecast to continue spreading it in a westward direction towards Western Louisiana and Texas over the next few weeks.

OK so what am I doing wrong when I check? The ES saver is gone, when I click past guest, it says there are no availabilites and when I just do a regular search, there is one room left and it is more than what I paid.

ES rates disspear 5 months before a 7 day, and 3 months before on short cruises...don't know which cruise you are looking at, but ES rates probably are gone by now.

I don't understand how this works-- this thread helped me figure that out.

So what you are saying is that if the ES rate is gone, I can't ever get a reduction in price because that's the only category I can look at? What are people booking that they are getting reductions because they can see and check the reductions? What category?

Thanks.

I don't understand how this works-- this thread helped me figure that out.

So what you are saying is that if the ES rate is gone, I can't ever get a reduction in price because that's the only category I can look at? What are people booking that they are getting reductions because they can see and check the reductions? What category?

Thanks.

No, you can compare your price to ANY rate that is less than you paid for it. It just has to be your category. You cant price match downward, so can't compare it to guarantees. you have to compare it to the same number in the cabin, same category, total price for the booking. Be looking at past guest, resident, etc

I'm booked Aug 1st on Conquest out of Galveston. ES Cat8A and the price went up and up. It came down slightly a few weeks ago but still over $100 more than I paid. I guess bookings In Texas are still high.

I'm booked Aug 1st on Conquest out of Galveston. ES Cat8A and the price went up and up. It came down slightly a few weeks ago but still over $100 more than I paid. I guess bookings In Texas are still high.

the rates after ES dissapears are usually higher, but Id keep an eye on them the last 45 days especially. I got one $20 pp price drop early on for my Sept cruise, and now with ES rates gone, the rate is $140 pp more than I paid. One hurricane or the oil spill news getting worse and it could change.

I just checked bookings for 7 day July sailings and they all say N/A. Are they all sold out?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

From the many posts and threads about cruises missing today on the Carnival site ...I'd say Carnival is just having "issues", not that your cruise is not going. Check a TA site if you are worried.

Archived