choosing ports

palavra

After some discussion, I thought we had decided on a certain cruise, but after my husband , daughter and I viewed some pictures and examples of shore excursions, we are having a hard time choosing a specific cruise. We want to do it all! So, for seasoned cruisers, would you choose an Eastern or Western Caribbean route or just stick to the Bahamas for a first cruise?

Palavra--well, we have not done a W. Caribbean cruise, but have done an E. Caribbean cruise that included the Bahamas. We were not very impressed with the Bahamas. So, I would say to consider sticking with one of the Caribbean cruises, if only for the variety of different ports.

You will get a lot of opinions about each of your potential choices.

If you haven't yet found the Ports of Call section here on Cruise Critic, you may want to post your question there. Whatever you choose, I hope you will have a wonderful experience. :)

I have done all three areas and on top of that the Southern Caribbean.

While some people like one over the other in the end what counts are which ones you will like most.

It might be helpful if you mentioned what type of shore excursions you would like and/or what you didn't like about the pictures of the shore excursions that you looked at.

Keith

You can't "do it all" in one cruise! Resign yourself to that fact! Pick the itinerary with a port that you REALLY want to see, and go from there. Once you've done your 1st cruise, you'll be back for more!

I would rule out a "just the Bahamas" cruise.

Eastern and Western each have something special. You can't go wrong picking either. I happen to like Western because there's a lot to do at each port - it's possible to repeat this itinerary several times and still find something new or different. I also love Eastern for it's lovely beaches. Just pick either one for this first cruise, and then pick the other one for your next cruise. :)

Archived