? about Concierge Class Gty on Infinity

Mrs_Tiki

Thanks to all of you who posted encouraging words about Infinity to Alaska on my other threads!

Now that we are making plans, I have a question ~

We usually book a specific stateroom so that we will know what is around us. However, we would really like an aft balcony for the Alaska scenery. The FVs are sold out for the date we are looking at, and the Penthouses are also sold out, as well as being WAY out of our price range. That leaves C1 cabins, which are currently being sold on a guarantee basis only.

When I look at the deck plans, I only see 16 C1 category cabins: 4 sandwiched between suites on deck 6, and 4 each on the aft on decks 7,8,9. Even though they aren't on the aft, the ones on deck 6 seem to be desirable because they have larger than normal balconies.

So, am I correct to reason that if I book a C1 gty, I will either get one of these 16 or be upgraded to a suite? That seems almost too good to be true!

Please let me know if I am thinking correctly, thanks!

I would also be interested, since we always book CC-1, on the M class; and, we always choose our cabin. However, since we would be comfortable in any CC-1, this would be a great option for us, particularly the possibility of a suite upgrade, unless it would be a Celebrity suite without the balcony. Additionally, we would be interested in the fare structure.

hi jackdiamond,

I hope someone posts the information that you and I are looking for ~

I can tell you about the pricing in our case. The CC1 gty was $170 per person more than an assigned CC2 and $200 more pp than an assigned CC3. My thinking was that it would be worth the extra $340-400 to get an aft balcony, a larger balcony on deck 6, or, even better, a Sky Suite or above.

The possibility of being assigned a Celebrity Suite with no balcony gave me a moment of pause. But I think that the wall of windows on the "hump" would provide great views and that the other pluses of the cabin might help us not to miss having a balcony. (On our one and only time on Regent Seven Seas, we booked a cabin without a balcony to save money and were so wowed by the rest of the cabin that we didn't miss the balcony.)

Gosh, it is fun to consider "problems" such as these :)

A guarantee cat with balcony usually get a balcony. You take your chances. Celebrity is not good at upgrades. I've been sailing on Celebrity for years and have never been given an upgrade. I've been called the week of my cruise and been offered a suite for an additional very large payment. They keep trying to sell the upgrades right up to the day of sailing. An upgrade would be nice, but don't expect it.

Thanks, redtravel. I definitely understand that when booking a guarantee you must only expect to be assigned a cabin within the category that you booked.

My question is specific to the C1 category on the Infinity, since there appear to be so few cabins in that category. (And I would be happy with any of the C1 cabins that I have located on the deck plans.) Am I correct that there are only 16 C1 cabins and that booking a C1 guarantee will assure me one of those 16 or a cabin in higher category if none of these are available?

BTW, I was checking X's booking website to answer jackdiamond's question about pricing, I see that they are no longer offering a C1 guarantee on my sailing.

My question is specific to the C1 category on the Infinity, since there appear to be so few cabins in that category. (And I would be happy with any of the C1 cabins that I have located on the deck plans.) Am I correct that there are only 16 C1 cabins and that booking a C1 guarantee will assure me one of those 16 or a cabin in higher category if none of these are available?

BTW, I was checking X's booking website to answer jackdiamond's question about pricing, I see that they are no longer offering a C1 guarantee on my sailing.

Keep you eyes open, it may come back. Sometimes a TA will put a hold or look at a cabin taking it out of inventory. That included Gtys. X limits how many they offer. You could book a lower room and waitlist for a C1. Still keep you eyes open for the C1 gty to come back. If it does, jump on it

Good Luck

Oh and yes, you would get one of those 16 or bumped up to a higher category.

Thanks, chessbriar, that was the answer I was looking for. And, I had put the C1 gty on courtesy hold before it disappeared, yippee!

I do realize that I could have called X customer service or a TA with this question, but I have to say that I trust fellow CC members for the most accurate information!

Ahhhh, so your the one who made it disappear. 10 Night Alaskan cruise looks great. You'll have to let us know what you end up with.

By the way, if the stick you in a Celebrity Suite, you won't want to leave the cabin. They blow away a SS. The views are incredible. The only down side to it was the toilet was a little high. Oh and the phone in the bathroom;)

Please come back and let us know how you fared

chessbriar, we are looking at a 7-day on the Infinity, can't be away from teenager or business longer than that... maybe someday....

I will follow up to let you know what we end up with.... DH really loves having a balcony, but I think that I have convinced him that the other features of the CS would make up for it, if we end up with one.

This seems like a "can't lose" situation. We would be happy with any of the C1 cabins (OK, I admit we would be most happy with an aft!), or we might get upgraded to a suite. What is there not to like!?

Just took a look and it's showing no Celebrity Suites either. There are 6 S2 and 5 S1. Looks like you made the right move.

What might happen, they might call some in the existing C1s and offer to upgrade them for a price. If someone takes that move, you'll end up in a C1. Either way it's a good move

I hope so!

Haha, I think I am beginning to understand your screen name ~ you are making booking a cruise sound like a game of chess!

Nothing that complex. It's just the name of the street I live on. I'm not very original.

As to the chess game X plays with cabins, I've been involved on both ends from the person offered an upgrade to the person expecting a good upgrade to end up with something less.

Archived