Viking Kirov St Petersburg Sept 28-30 share a tour

cadreamer

We arrive the evening of the 27th. Our original plan was to take 3 days with Alla tours, we have had many friends who have been very pleased with her tours. We can't afford 3 days for 2 people so are thinking of a 1 day tour on Sept 30.

8:30 Meet

9-9:45 Drive to Peterhof

10-12:30 Monplaisire Palace & Fountain Park

12:30-1 Hydrofoil to city

1-1:30 Lunch, we can bring a lunch from the ship

1:30-3:00 Yusupov's Palace

3-4:30 Church on the Blood and St Isaacs Cathedral

5:00 Return to Ship

Let me know what you think.

I hAVE tried to post but I don't think it worked so will post again. Does the Viking Kirov and Viking Peterhof dock close together to make this work? Perhaps email privately would be a good idea to get more details.

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I have learned from Viking that your ship gets to St. Petersburg a day after ours. So sharing a tour on Sept. 30 will not work since that is not your optional tour day. Too bad it does not work. It could have been a good plan.

The tour as I described above is $240 pp without using the hydrofoil and $260 pp with the hydrofoil. The Viking Kirov tours on Thur. Sept 30 are optional. They would cost less than Alla but they would also be less efficient time-wise and I think we could see more and be more flexible with a private tour.

I am still hopeful that someone on our ship will find this post and want to share.

Hi Cadreamer,

We did a private tour in Moscow and loved it. Regardless of the cost, if you can't get someone else to share the tour with you, you should do it anyway. You will probably never be back and it is so worth it to have a 1 on 1 and not have to try and hear the tour guide or follow the crowd and move when they move, etc. Take the hydrofoil there as it is wonderful to walk up to the palace from the water....amazing view and you will absolutely be awestruck at the beauty of the palace and the fountains! Well worth the money to be able to ask questions and get the answer right away and not have to compete with approx. 160 others. Well worth the money to do it that way.

Thanks for your input. I assume you meant that your tour was in St. Petersburg. I agree and we will take the private tour even if it is just us. The view walking from the hydrofoil to Peterhof sounds wonderful. I think the guests of the Czars came by boat.

Archived