Spirit Airlines

We're taking Spirit Airlines for the first time from New York to Orlando/Port Canaveral for our August 1st cruise on the Mariner.

Anybody use this airline before? How is it?

Mariner of the Seas--Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I haven't flown them in years, but we are using them from Orlando to San Juan in November. They seem to have the best fares when I booked them several months ago.

DeeKDRoseTransp.gifabducted.gif

Email: Deanna34769@netzero.net

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Martian Yatch Club Adventure

RCCL Adventure of the Seas 11/14/04

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 10/26/03

Carnival Pride 11/9/02

Premier Cruise Lines (5 sailings)

we have flown with them several times to see my parents in florida....never had a problem....we like the direct thru flights and they are alot cheaper then other airlines.....dont expect to be fed though...LOL.....the most you will get is a bag of peanuts.....but i would definitly fly with them again.

Don+and+Stacey.jpg?bfi6roABSULtUtxU

Stacey

1985 M/V Atlantic

1992 R.C. Nordic Empress

1996 Carnival Fantasy

Days remaining till Enchantment of the Sea!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;13;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We use Spirit all the time. Never had any majot problems. There was a couple of times when they were late, but only by about 10-15 minutes. They are the best price out there, but no frills. We are using them to fly to San Juan in Dec. Have fun on your cruise!

Linda

We've used Spirit several times to fly from LGA to FLL and have no complaints. You are better off booking directly through the Spirit site, though, as when you book through a TA (like Travelocity) you can't get your seats arranged until you get to the airport. If you book directly with Spirit, they will pre-assign your seating over the phone. A real plus when you are traveling with a large party (there were 6 of us when we flew Spirit in May). All in all, I would fly with them again. Have a great cruise!

Shirley

cruising-courtesy-kindness

3-Night Anniversary Cruise on Majesty of the Seas . . . January 7, 2005

Family spring break cruise on the Dawn . . . April 17, 2005

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

RCI Majesty of the Seas 8/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

It's wonderful that everyone who has posted here has had a great experience with Spirit.

I myself have never flown Spirit, but I know people who have and I have read messages here on Cruise Critic from people who have.

Spirit keeps its prices low because they have a limited number of planes, and they keep them in the air all the time. In other words, your flight from New York to Orlando? That plane is coming into New York from somewhere. If it is delayed or, heaven forbid, if it can't leave wherever it is, you have no plane. flight cancelled. end of story. no flight until tomorrow. Spirit doesn't keep extra planes around the way a big airline like USAir or Delta does.

So, caveat emptor.

Carol

Just flew on Spirit last month from DC to Fort Lauderdale. Flight was only $ll6.00 round trip. There were five in our group so I ended up saving over $500. It almost paid for one person's cruise! They gave us a beverage and pretzels. You could purchase a snack if you wanted. Don't know the price as I didn't inquire. We had no problems or delays. Friends that were on the same cruise as us had booked through Jet Blue and they had there flight changed twice. As Shirley said, if you book right through Spirit, you can pre-assign your seats. You can do this right on-line on their website.

We use them all the time. Atlantic City is so

much better then going to Phila. or Newark.

We are going on a cruise in Oct & I booked the

air fare for $158.00/pp round trip, yes only

$316.00 total for 2 people. Not bad at all.

Enjoy, they are a great way to travel.

Chris J.

Monarch of the Seas 03/04/02

Triumph - 06/20/02

Regal Empress - 09/07/02

Monarch of the Seas - 04/14/03

Princess Golden 4/10/04

Enchantment 10/11/04 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=32CD32&cdt=2004;10;11;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just used them for Denver to Ft.Lauderdale. Much cheaper than anyone else, even though we were cruising out of Miami and needed extra transportion. In fact we saved so much between the four of us traveling that I splurged for a limo to and from the airport. What a treat!! Booking through Spirit itself is a good idea. It saved us a little money over Travelocity and cheaptickets.com and you can pick your seats off of their website. No, nothing to eat on the plane other than a very small bag of pretzels and no video screens on the planes either. Don't think they even have any music playing, as I never saw headsets offered. No biggy, as I always carry a picnic lunch with me and we watch a movie on my husband's laptop!

Izzy

NCL Starward 4/92

NCL Wind 12/00

Adventure of the Seas 4/02

Grandeur of the Seas12/02

Explorer of the Seas 5/04

<MARQUEE>Until Carnival Pride:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800</MARQUEE>

Roll Call Pride 10/17 CLICK HERE

Archived