Need advice on Equinox balconies

Holly2

Trying to decide between 7354 (which have been told has large balcony but not on CC list) and 8232 (which looks like it has a larger balcony but TA says it does not.) Price is the same at the moment.

Anyone know what's what?

I realize that 8232 has what seems to be a better location mid-ship but we are all about the balcony. thanks

Are, excluding the suites, those on the angles... Based upon the Deck Plan that I just glanced at [though there was an innacuracy reported with respect to stateroom numbering on Deck 8 in early versions; don't know if I have an old or updated one], neither of the cabins that you cite are situated on one of the angles... And as such, neither would seem to have an oversized balcony... The Deck Plans are not drawn to scale...

Suggest you look at the Sticky Post related to the Solstice Class Stateroom Spreadsheet listed at the top of the General Celebrity Forum; it is a treasure trove of information on many [but not all] cabins [but much can be deduced by looking, for instance, at information on adjacent cabins or the comparable cabin one deck above or below] ... Also suggest that you use the Advanced Search feature offered on this Board; the type of question that you have posed is addressed here routinely [start by searching for those specific stateroom numbers and then broaden your search if unsuccessful]...

Equinox is a magnificent ship... Enjoy!

Trying to decide between 7354 (which have been told has large balcony but not on CC list) and 8232 (which looks like it has a larger balcony but TA says it does not.) Price is the same at the moment.

Anyone know what's what?

I realize that 8232 has what seems to be a better location mid-ship but we are all about the balcony. thanks

7354 is a bit deeper than standard balconies, but is not as large as the balconies on the slanted portion of the hump. It is all the way towards the aft (back). It has the advantage of being a bit more private, but disadvantage of long walk to some public areas and you are more likely to feel motion.

The deck plans on Vista deck on Celebrity's website used to be wrong, but I believe they are now correct. On the old (incorrect) deck plan, 8232 was listed as being on the slanted portion of the hump, but in reality it is the first stateroom on the flat portion of the hump. Great location, but it is just a normal sized balcony.

I had used the sticky but the info was inconclusive.

gonzo, thanks. I had seen the cabin as on the angle and it is listed on the list which you posted on CC, disappointing if it is not. But better to know now. thanks.

Archived