Cost of Insurance

We too live in the UK. Renewed our annual travel insurance in March. I am 75 and my wife is 77. Paid £280 including tax for travel world wide including America and Caribbean. Includes medical expenses up to ten million, lost baggage, flight delay and cancellation and highjack.

We have read on this board that you must purchase travel insurance in the UK when you book the cruise. If you have an annual policy, does that exempt you from this requirement?

It's a little different here. My husband and I carry medical insurance through work. Different companies & policies, but both of the policies cover medical/health care worldwide. They do not cover medical evacuation. We need additional insurance to cover that, plus all the other associated trip costs.

I don't know of an annual policy here (although there may be one) ..that would cover the travel related expenses. It might be something we look into after retirement. :)

Would anyone out there be bold enough to share how much you pay for trip insurance? My TA called to give me the quote from the company they use (our cruise isn't until next May) and I think it sounds great, but I wanted to see what was the norm. I know a lot depends on what is included. This has the basic medical, trip delay, trip cancelation, trip interruption, lost baggage, etc, etc. It is a family plan (myself, DH, DD,DS) and it is $96 for our 7 day cruise for all four of us (not each). I think that's awesome, but I've never bought insurance before so I don't know. I also am not sure if we buy cruise thru the TA and air on our own if the air part is covered- that part is still unclear to me. Since the insurance isn't the Travel Agency's own insurance I would think that wouldn't matter, but I will have to clarify that.

Thanks, as always, for the help.

Good price for 4 people for 7 day cruise. You were quoted based on air and cruise costs i presume?

Archived