A source for Wine in Vancouver

purduemom1

For those flying into Vancouver, you can find a wine shop on the lower level of the domestic terminal. We flew into the US terminal, found a FREE luggage cart in baggage claim and then walked to the domestic terminal. Information booth staff is very helpful with directions. The wine shop, while not large, had a nice selection and we were able to purchase 2 bottles of Canadian White Zin for $9.95 each incl. tax. Right across from the wine shop is a 7-11 and we bought a large pack of water at a reasonable price-$4.99 for 24 bottles. Loaded everything onto the cart and went up to the arrivals level to get our hotel shuttle. Since we were staying near YVR, buying what we needed in the airport made it very easy for us. I knew there were no liquor stores near our hotel and we were very glad we didn't have to go looking for a liquor store after arriving at Canada Place. BTW, I loaded the water into one of those give away grocery tote bags that I brought with me, attached a luggage tag from the cruise line and the water ended up in our stateroom. We carried the wine with us.

you might be able to pick some up at the airport. check the yvr site and see if they have a wine shop and where its located . other wise you have too go too a liquar store too get it. if you like a sweeter wine get some '' ice wine ''. it is really good and sweeter than desert wine . they dont sell wine and hard liquar in the gas stations and places like we do in the states. good luck with your hunt.

If a person is coming downtown/Canada Place from YVR by car or by taxi, there is a BC Liquor Store at 70th and Granville which is next door to a Safeway. This will also work for someone coming from the border but you do need to get over from Oak St. to Granville St. The pricing at the government run BC Liquor Stores is generally better than that at private stores such as that at YVR.

Our original plan was to purchase at the Gov't store near Canada Place. We had printed out all the directions including Putter Dude's directioins for dropping off our luggage but after learning about the liquor store at YVR, we decided to check it out. The price we paid for our choice was about the same as the price quoted for White Zin at the gov't store so we decided to purchase at YVR-so glad we did when we saw the mass confussion at Canada Place the next day and the long lines, we would have, more than likely, not left the port to go and buy wine. So, for us, purchasing at YVR was a good decission. We used the Vancouver Shuttle to get from our YVR hotel to the port so no chance there to stop off at a liquor store.

CowPrincess, YVR is easy to navigate and people there are very helpful with airport maps and directions. As I said, the luggage carts are free to use so it makes it easy to walk from terminal to terminal and there is even a ramp that you can use to go to the level with the liquor store that comes out right in front of it. If I can find it, anyone can!

you might be able to pick some up at the airport. check the yvr site and see if they have a wine shop and where its located . other wise you have too go too a liquar store too get it. if you like a sweeter wine get some '' ice wine ''. it is really good and sweeter than desert wine . they dont sell wine and hard liquar in the gas stations and places like we do in the states. good luck with your hunt.

Do they have 2 liter bottles of Canadian wine at YVR, like the government store advertises on their web site?

Thanks,

Linda

I don't remember if they had 2L. The name of the store in YVR is West Coast Liquor Store. Maybe you could fine a phone number for them (check YVR's website) and give them a call. Don't know if the liquor store has a web site.

I don't remember if they had 2L. The name of the store in YVR is West Coast Liquor Store. Maybe you could fine a phone number for them (check YVR's website) and give them a call. Don't know if the liquor store has a web site.

I dont believe that they have a website but their phone # is:

+1 604 207 1127

Archived