Guaranteed Cabin question

SB2788

Hello,

I booked a few cabins for a cruise in August and am trying to answer a question for someone in our group..

First of all I booked them a 4E Guarantee with the premise that they would be completely satisfied with a 4E cabin.

I've noticed that there are only 3 or 4 cabins on my particular sailing that are up for grabs in the interior class that accommodate 3 people per cabin. What are the odds that they could get bumped up to at least an ocean view cabin?

I guess I am curious about this for I booked an ocean view guaranteed for myself. However, there are quite a few cabins left up for grabs according to my travel agent and the CCL website..

How does the concept of having a guaranteed cabin work? Do you get assigned what's leftover or not filled or does CCL select a certain amount of cabins initially and sell them as guaranteed rooms?

Thanks!

A 4E guarantee is unusual. Why not book a IS guarantee and save the money and hope for a upgrade? Did people want at least a 4E for some reason?? Just seems a odd category to pick for a guarantee.

upgrades used to be normal, until the upsell fairy got busy. Now they upsell as many cabins as possible before the cruise, and then what's left goes to the guarantees.

I got upgraded one category, from a 4A to a 4B on mine a couple of weeks ago, and when I booked it, there were mostly much higher catgories left so I had high hopes of a upgrade. Nope.

Might get upgraded to a higher category inside, ya never know, getting a category outside the group, a OV is a lot more rare.

As long as you'all would be happy any where in a inside cabin, its fine, .. are they aware they could wind up under the pool and hear chair scraping all night?? or over or under a lounge and hear music until the wee hours. As long as they understand they cant change once its assigned, all is good.

Yes, I've explained all of the possible unpleasant scenarios to them. At the time of booking 4E's were all that were available for guaranteed cabins. I told them it was a gamble and they were willing to take it so that's their prerogative! There is one cabin left in 4F, two in 4G, and one in 4H. Granted it's 80 days from sailing so a lot can change!

My theory is it's a 4 day cruise and I plan on enjoying as much as the nightlife as possible so sleeping arrangements wasn't a deal breaker for me.. I get a tad big claustrophobic hence getting an OV cabin for myself.

Yes, I've explained all of the possible unpleasant scenarios to them. At the time of booking 4E's were all that were available for guaranteed cabins. I told them it was a gamble and they were willing to take it so that's their prerogative! There is one cabin left in 4F, two in 4G, and one in 4H. Granted it's 80 days from sailing so a lot can change!

My theory is it's a 4 day cruise and I plan on enjoying as much as the nightlife as possible so sleeping arrangements wasn't a deal breaker for me.. I get a tad big claustrophobic hence getting an OV cabin for myself.

I booked 8 days out .. and there were two insides on deck 7 and deck 8, OV, balcony, a 9B and several suites.. so I thought my chances were darn good of a upgrade ... 7 days out showed as sold out.. so I couldnt see what was available any more... but several on my roll call reported getting upsell calls.

I have to admit a 4B was dissapointing, when the cabins showing were so GOOD.

Archived