Just off Caribbean Princess 5/27, another wonderful cruise!!

emilysmimi

I found the CB crowded when I cruised on her before. Is she feeling that way to others?

Of course, I am booked to cruise again on her so must have not been that bad.

I was on the 5/9 sailing. I never felt it crowded....maybe finding a table at the horizon court, but nothing too bad. There never were long lines to get the food, just had to look a bit to find a table. Now, last year on a Carnival cruise...WOW.. we felt extremely crowded, long waits for everything:eek: not to mention very rude passengers.

Cant wait to read more about your cruise! We are booked on this ship for canada on oct. 16th!!!! Do you have any pictures?? please say yes, i want to see as many pictures as i can :D

In the main dinning rooms at dinner, if there is nothing you see that looks good to you can you order a steak? I know on Carnival they offer this, just wondering. want to know what to expect :D Also can you order more than one of something?

-David

We just got of of the CB yesterday and, yes, they had a wonderful Seafood Buffet in the Horizon Court, the night of the sailaway - lobster claws, shrimp, steamed mussels, etc., etc., ...but not in the dining rooms. The Horizion Court and the Calypso Cafe, are fortunate to have a wonderful chef and great waiters. Enjoy.

I also just got off the Caribbean Princess today. It was my first Princess cruise. It will also be my last!!!!!!

Sorry you did not like the cruise. I was on the same cruise and had an awesome time!! :D. I thought the ship was beautiful, the food and service was great and the entertainment was plentiful. So much to do and not enough time to fit it all in. I loved the MUTS. I am very much looking forward to planning another cruise on the Caribbean Princess ship.

Being a Royal Caribbean fan, and now a Princess fan too, I have to say that this is my second Princess cruise (CB and Crown) and I truly enjoyed both of my Princess cruises.

Every cruise that I've sailed on so far have been great....RC and Princess. Each ship was beautiful and different in it's own way.

What I noticed about the Pincess ships (Crown and CB) is the layout and design of the ship have been very well thought of during the developing process. The ship had well over 3,ooo people sailing on it and it never felt crowded at all. There were alot of nook and cranny places you could go for privacy, if you wanted to. :)

I also just got off the Caribbean Princess today. It was my first Princess cruise. It will also be my last!!!!!!

I wish you would give details so all of us could know what to look out for. You cant just make a statement like that and then not explain what you meant

I've wanted to try c.p. can someone tell me the difference between royal caribbean and c.p.? Also, to the o.p. what other ships have you been on to compare?

This was my 7th cruise.

Other cruises:

1997 Norwegian Majesty

2002 and 2006 Celebrity Zenith

2007 Azamara Journey

2008,2009, 2010 Caribbean Princess

We also booked the same cruise for 2011. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!:)

I wish you would give details so all of us could know what to look out for. You cant just make a statement like that and then not explain what you meant

They posted today that they would provide more info - they had a long drive yesterday:

Sorry to leave everyone hanging. We drove from New York to Toronto yesterday. I was exhausted. I will go into more detail when I get laundry caught up!

Cant wait to read more about your cruise! We are booked on this ship for canada on oct. 16th!!!! Do you have any pictures?? please say yes, i want to see as many pictures as i can :D

In the main dinning rooms at dinner, if there is nothing you see that looks good to you can you order a steak? I know on Carnival they offer this, just wondering. want to know what to expect :D Also can you order more than one of something?

-David

Yes, there is always steak available every evening, also chicken, salmon, and shrimp cocktail, no matter what the evenings menu is. And of course, you can order more than one of whatever you like.

Karen

Additionally, they really should have someone that can read in English, clear English.

It was probably the Captain who made the announcements. So far, I have been able to understand all the Captains. Most (all?) are not from the US but so far I have found all to speak English well, though some do have a beautiful accent.

The salmon was wonderful!
Isn't it though? We where on the Caribbean Princess for a week in early April. The salmon is one of their always available choices. I ended up ordering it 3 nights out of the 7 and every time I was glad I did. 3 for 3 it was fantastic.

Everyone else enjoyed the cruise, so there must be something wrong with above sea level cruiser... Go Princess! To above sea level cruiser, if you aren't happy with Princess, I don't know if you can be happy anywhere! Sure, there can be problems with somethings, nothing is perfect in this world, but to say that it is your last Princess cruise, and to add insult to injury, not give any details... That is messed up! Please go and enjoy other cruise lines, at least we won't have to put up with you!

First of all Funinla, How do you KNOW that everyone else enjoyed their cruise? We did a "GO PRINCESS" when a couple of women at our table one night, didn't get their bottle of wine from the night before for an hour or so, because they were told they drank it. When the big boss finally found it, his response was, and I quote: "This is why you should always finish the bottle" The poor women were mortified. The Maitre'd was completely out of line.

By the way, I am the true ASLC, my wife comes on here now and again to post. Just kinda keeps you guessing if it's a guy or a girl doesn't it? Not that it should matter.

OK, here is my impression of Princess - they obviously have a huge problem with staff. No one is happy unless they are leaving - meaning the crew, if it is the end of their contract.

For all the cheerleaders out there I will give you a first hand account of my last cruise. Don't whine and say it was because this or that, just hear me out.

An elderly lady fell and cut her head. We came across her and her Granddaughter standing in front of the elevator, trying to get to deck 4 for medical attention - the elevators in this area did not go to deck 4.

Several and I mean SEVERAL staff passed us by with this poor woman trying to sop up the blood coming out of her head. We asked a member of the staff to go get a wheelchair to move the lady midship to an elevator that would access the infirmary.

As I went to get the lady a glass of ice water, my wife went over to two staff bingo card sellers and explained the situation. She politely asked for one of their chairs, only to be told, and I quote: "tell her to go sit over there"

When my wife said " she can't go sit over there," the wonderful cruise member said and I quote: "Well I ain't givin up MY seat"

GO PRINCESS!!!

I didn't mean for this to be a review, but since I'm in so deep, I will say that the breakfast buffet is unbelievable. It only took us, and I kid you not, 15 - 30 minutes to find a table!! GO PRINCESS!!

Food: IMHO? - Walmart. (Does Walmart even serve food?)

Entertainment - Only went to the Hypnotist show - that WAS good!

Cabins - Lido deck are great, HUGE walk in closet.

MUTS - Loved that.

GO PRINCESS!!

OK, here is my impression of Princess - they obviously have a huge problem with staff. No one is happy unless they are leaving - meaning the crew, if it is the end of their contract.

May seems to be a time when there is a huge turn over in staff with a lot of them switching contracts. I have no doubt that after working 7-9 months straight, 12 hours a day with no days off, many of the staff are anxious to get home. I also think that there are more demands on staff these days compared to years past and these employees work hard even with out extra tables or rooms to deal with.

An elderly lady fell and cut her head. We came across her and her Granddaughter standing in front of the elevator, trying to get to deck 4 for medical attention - the elevators in this area did not go to deck 4.

The Grand class layout has a bunch of dead ends and elevators that don't go everywhere. I can definitely see this as frustrating even with out an emergency situation. I sure home the lady is doing ok now and did get appropriate medical help in enough time (despite the lack of help from the employees.) This is just unheard of IMO. I haven't experienced this before on ships but these employees should be reprimanded. I am sad this happened. I have never been a huge fan of the Grand class design and this is the design they decided to build a million ships with. Having sailed other lines, there are much better designed layouts compared to the Grand class.

I didn't mean for this to be a review, but since I'm in so deep, I will say that the breakfast buffet is unbelievable. It only took us, and I kid you not, 15 - 30 minutes to find a table!! GO PRINCESS!!

I have only sailed one of the Grand class ships with an extra deck (Crown) and I encountered the same exact problems you did for breakfast (and lunch) in the Horizon Court. By the time I found a table, I had to tag someone down for silverware and a drink and the food was cold. This was never a problem for me on ships older then the Caribbean Princess.

I am very hesitant to sail on a newer Princess ship again due to the crowding (not just Horizon court but atrium, shows, etc...). A friend and I were talking about this the other day and service is so much better on the older ships that Princess has. The newer ships seem to have lost the service and personal attention that we encountered on the older ships.

If you should ever sail Princess again, I encourage you to pick an older ship. Sorry this cruise didn't live up to your expectations - I have had a few like that and I have also not returned to a few cruise lines due to negative experiences.

May seems to be a time when there is a huge turn over in staff with a lot of them switching contracts. I have no doubt that after working 7-9 months straight, 12 hours a day with no days off, many of the staff are anxious to get home. I also think that there are more demands on staff these days compared to years past and these employees work hard even with out extra tables or rooms to deal with.

The Grand class layout has a bunch of dead ends and elevators that don't go everywhere. I can definitely see this as frustrating even with out an emergency situation. I sure home the lady is doing ok now and did get appropriate medical help in enough time (despite the lack of help from the employees.) This is just unheard of IMO. I haven't experienced this before on ships but these employees should be reprimanded. I am sad this happened. I have never been a huge fan of the Grand class design and this is the design they decided to build a million ships with. Having sailed other lines, there are much better designed layouts compared to the Grand class.

I have only sailed one of the Grand class ships with an extra deck (Crown) and I encountered the same exact problems you did for breakfast (and lunch) in the Horizon Court. By the time I found a table, I had to tag someone down for silverware and a drink and the food was cold. This was never a problem for me on ships older then the Caribbean Princess.

I am very hesitant to sail on a newer Princess ship again due to the crowding (not just Horizon court but atrium, shows, etc...). A friend and I were talking about this the other day and service is so much better on the older ships that Princess has. The newer ships seem to have lost the service and personal attention that we encountered on the older ships.

If you should ever sail Princess again, I encourage you to pick an older ship. Sorry this cruise didn't live up to your expectations - I have had a few like that and I have also not returned to a few cruise lines due to negative experiences.

According to those I spoke with - 10 months was the norm. There were some rumblings around here about a BAD Captain. This could be the case. However the Captain for this cruise was amazing. I met him. The "not so English" speeches refered to were from the bridge but not from the Captain.

According to those I spoke with - 10 months was the norm. There were some rumblings around here about a BAD Captain. This could be the case. However the Captain for this cruise was amazing. I met him. The "not so English" speeches refered to were from the bridge but not from the Captain.

Who was the Captain? Usually it is the Captain or CD that make most announcements. Of course the Staff Captain or someone else could have made the announcements. They could have recently had a change in Captains. I have cruised a lot in May (sometimes on a B2B) and we have always had Captain, CD, Future Cruise Director, Circle host changes at this time - especially when ships are repositioning.

10 months is way too long IMO to work with out time off. I have no clue how these employees do it.

Who was the Captain? Usually it is the Captain or CD that make most announcements. Of course the Staff Captain or someone else could have made the announcements. They could have recently had a change in Captains. I have cruised a lot in May (sometimes on a B2B) and we have always had Captain, CD, Future Cruise Director, Circle host changes at this time - especially when ships are repositioning.

10 months is way too long IMO to work with out time off. I have no clue how these employees do it.

Never did get his name. He was from England living in Australia now. He was "filling in" on some sort of scheduling mishap for 4 weeks. Some say the original guy got canned. Some also say that the original guy is also responsible for the attitude of the crew.

The guy making the announcements WAS bad. Unless you were from the Philippines - you couldn't understand him.

The Cap't is leaving the ship as soon as it gets back to San Juan.

What I noticed about the Pincess ships (Crown and CB) is the layout and design of the ship have been very well thought of during the developing process. The ship had well over 3,ooo people sailing on it and it never felt crowded at all. There were alot of nook and cranny places you could go for privacy, if you wanted to. :)

Did you not have a hard time finding a table in the Horizon At breakfast?

For breakfast, I always find a table before going to get my food. It can be crowded, but I never spent more than a couple of minutes looking before I found one and there was always waitstaff around to clean and reset the table while my husband and I took turns going to get our food.

For breakfast, I always find a table before going to get my food. It can be crowded, but I never spent more than a couple of minutes looking before I found one and there was always waitstaff around to clean and reset the table while my husband and I took turns going to get our food.

Really? I should have hung around you - never ever found a seat without looking around for at least 15 minutes. On the first morning, by the time I found a table, my breakfast was cold. They did re-heat it and brought back my sunny side up eggs rock hard and the ketchup splattered all over the plate as if it had been nuked for 15 minutes.

Well, unless we have a very early excursion, this is one of the reasons that we always have breakfast in the main dining room (it doesn't matter which ship we're on) and not the buffet. We're always seated immediately, service is very prompt and it's much nicer to be waited on... :)

With the exception of one person, I found the staff to be very nice and helpful. According to our waitress in the Palm dining room, Svetlana from Ukraine, they work a six month contract with a two month break. She is on her seventh contract.

The elevator system is puzzling and I can see why there might be a problem in an emergency. They should mark the elevators that will take you to the medical center. I hope that poor lady is alright.

Well, unless we have a very early excursion, this is one of the reasons that we always have breakfast in the main dining room (it doesn't matter which ship we're on) and not the buffet. We're always seated immediately, service is very prompt and it's much nicer to be waited on... :)

That is exactly what we did on the Second morning!

With the exception of one person, I found the staff to be very nice and helpful. According to our waitress in the Palm dining room, Svetlana from Ukraine, they work a six month contract with a two month break. She is on her seventh contract.

The elevator system is puzzling and I can see why there might be a problem in an emergency. They should mark the elevators that will take you to the medical center. I hope that poor lady is alright.

From what I heard, the poorer the country that you come from, the longer your contract. Filipinos - 10 months. USA/Canada 4 months.

Poor lady spent the rest of her cruise in a wheel chair. We followed her through Customs.

Archived