Cabin Assignments WHEN?

joanfred

I just don't see any difference between the "N" and "I" cabins except the deck they are on. I would love it if the cabins were larger or something, but on this ship, an inside cabin is pretty much an inside cabin, no matter where it's located. Plus, this one is completely aft and high up (Verandah Deck), so if we hit any rough seas on the way to Bermuda, we're pretty much screwed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I didn't expect much. (although when one signs up for a a "GUAR" cabin, one always has a twinkling of hope for the upgrade fairy to be really generous!). :D

The best was on Celebrity when we signed on for a low-end oceanview and got upgraded to a balcony. Now THAT'S an experience that's hard to top.

Wow...you're expectations are REALLY high:eek:. Good luck with that:). I think going from and N to an I is really generous! I went from an MM to an I on my Oct.2009 cruise and I was totally thrilled. I think in my almost 200 days with HAL I've got upgrade from and inside to and outside twice and I almost always book a guarentee. I think you were VERY lucky on Celebrity. While it can happen on HAL I think that would be very isolated.

You could have been moved to an outside near the infirmary.

We were given an FF across the infirmary on the Veendam, and that didn't cause us any problems at all, nor did the anchor chain at our one tender port because we're early risers.

What we were less-than-thrilled about was the bow-wake roar all night, and occasional loud metallic bangs somewhere below us in the middle of the night!

... nor did the anchor chain at our one tender port because we're early risers.

Whereas I am squeeking into breakfast as it is closing behind me. The anchor chain would bother me to no end.

You moved up FIVE cabin categories. That IS really generous.

You could have been moved to an outside near the infirmary. The ones with a porthole. The ones that feel every single bump in the water, plus have the racket of the chains when the ship is anchoring.

You have a point, Ruth, that sounds wretched! :eek:

Yeah, I really tried not to have high expectations but that experience on Celebrity ruined me! (They're tricky that way, perhaps - they let us experience the glory that is a balcony cabin so we're ruined for anything lower! Maybe it increases sales of more expensive cabins?)

anyway, no way to know if we like our "I" cabin or not until we experience it ... which will be in just a few hours! So I guess I better get off the computer and get the bags loaded up, as we're supposed to drive to NYC within the hour!

Hope y'all aren't stuck on dry land for too much longer before your next cruise. :)

We had a guaranty partially obstructed ocean view (HH) and we found out our room assignments 2 weeks before sailing. We've been upgraded to full ocean view (E). We're pretty excited. We leave next Saturday for Alaska. Woo hoo!!!!

We just got our room for the 20th. Went from BC to A..cabin A077 one deck higher but same room. Our TA just emailed that we could get a suite fo $649 per person more. We are paying already high for the balcony but that is it.

Looking forward to a week of no work! Except keeping husband from getting lost. Just bought walkie talkies since cell phones are high. I pay to call him and he pays to answer., $2.49per minute each!

Saling on the 13th...still nothin'! I am waiting to be shuffled, thank you!

Wow! You are getting close, and still no room...

Just know that Little Augie has his paws crossed for you to get a great upgrade!!!:p

Saling on the 13th...still nothin'! I am waiting to be shuffled, thank you!

We sail on the 13th as well on the O and still no assignment.I keep repeating ...GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!!!!:p

This will be our mantra! Good things do come to those who wait! You guys cruise b4 we do so I know we won't hear anything yet.

The only question I have is about luggage. If we don't get assigned cabins b4 we leave on 7/1, then what happens to our luggage? We are doing a land tour 1st so fly into Fairbanks and don't board the ship til 7/4. I guess we'll have a cabin when we sign in on the 4th, hope so! LOL

Mary

Have you heard anything? We are on the Ryndam on the 20th in NN gaur. I wonder if the lower the room class them later they assign rooms?

We're on this cruise as well - I checked this morning and nothing, but I just logged in to check again and we have cabin assignments! We booked a porthole (G) and were upgraded to a D (oceanview). I bet you'll have a cabin assignment in the next day or so.

The only question I have is about luggage. If we don't get assigned cabins b4 we leave on 7/1, then what happens to our luggage?
If you don't know your cabin by 7/1 you may not want to send a bag on ahead to the ship from Fairbanks like we did, but once you get to the ship the porters will definitely have a list and it will only take a few seconds to write the cabin number on the tags.

Do you mean we shouldn't send our bags w/out cabin assignments or we should go ahead and do so and the porters will put our cabin #'s on? There are 6 of us traveling together.

Should we be packing our carry ons w/ what we will need for our 3 days land tour in Fairbanks & Denali or will we be able to do this when we reach Fairbanks? I am not sure what happens to our luggage once we reach Fairbanks? We will have to retrieve it after our flight and bring it to our hotel. What happens once we reach our hotel to this luggage?

Thanks.

Mary

Bless that Augie's heart (seriously!) ;)

I wonder why the 20th sailing has rooms and we don't? I will keep hoping for the good thing...everyone, congrats on your upgrades and enjoy yourselves!

Still no room assignment? Augie is very, very sad to hear that. He is so sad that he might just have to take a nap!

Seriously, every day I have been logging on, hoping that you have the room assignment of your dreams!

When you know, I hope that you let us all know! We are rooting for you!

Sending lots of good Karma your way-

TL

:DYeah,We just received our cabin assignment for our Sunday departure to Alaska.We booked an SZ and got an SY. I believe they are the same type room just a better location!!Not sure.Thrilled to say the least.

Happy Cruising Everyone.Be Safe;)

Archived