Does NCL assign Gty cabins before final payment

I was assigned my gty cabin about a week after I put down my deposit. I was a bit surprised as I wasn't thinking I get a cabin til much closer to departure. It is not set in stone that it won't change by the time I check in though, but right now I'm telling everyone what cabin number I have.

Are you on the Sun transatlantic 10/4? I am and booked a gty 2 months ago and have no assigned cabin yet.

Yes I am. I can only think that because there are 3 of us in the cabin we have been assigned already to be assured that we will have 3 beds available.

the first, only and last time i booked a GTY i was assigned cabin right away (worst one on deck 4):eek: next day i changed it...for $10 more i went up 6 decks and later on got free upgrade to an OV-deck 5:)...it all WORKED out:D but not if i wouldnt have changed and i dont book GTY anymore!!

I have booked a guarantee, on NCL, three times and each time my cabin was assigned within a week of booking. Two of them were mini-suite guarantees and one was a BA. We were only upgraded once. See below.

On the positive side was on my '06 Norwegian Star cruise we booked an AG guarantee and were assigned an AF the first week. About two days before final payment we were upgraded to an AB. :D

Take care,

Mike

We booked and paid in full 3 wks ago for 2 GTY cabins and we leave in 2wks from today and we have no cabin assignment yet!

I think it can go either way. I have read that people have gotten there assignments early but were not one of them:(

I have book guaranteed in the past. We were assigned a cabin within a week or were assigned a cabin a week before a cruise... You never know... Several times after being assigned a cabin, when we embarked we were assigned another cabin... Again I say, you never know...

• 4 weeks later...

If you are seven days away from sailing and your e-docs still say pending you better call NCL. You should be able to download your e-docs 60-70 days before sailing. If you don't have internet then you should have received a package in the mail. Good Luck on finding out what cabin you are in and hope your cruise is everything you want it to be.

A guarantee allows the cruise line to sell the best cabins at a higher price and gives you the leftovers at a lower price.

If the cruise line believes that they still have a chance to sell more of the better cabins before the final payment deadline, they will delay your cabin assignment. The delay costs them nothing.

If they have already sold most or all available cabins before final payment deadline, there is no reason to delay assigning the leftovers to you.

So it all boils down to how well a particular cruise is selling, as to when your guarantee will be assigned.

We booked a Bal GTY Tues Night for the July 19th sailing of NCL's SKY, and we got our assignment this morning. Thanksgiving of 08 we booked the Pearl, our 1st NCL cruise, we got our assignment (booked 6 weeks ahead) but prices went down twice, called TA both times and we got upgraded, 1st time to better BAL , 2nd to mini-suite.

Archived