Cabin Question??

Sue909

I need a quick answer please. Hope I get some opinions before I decide to book.

OK, the Glory is the ship I am thinking of booking. Well, I waited and waited, busy with other things and I missed the "Early Saver" and great rates. So, now I am left with higher rates and not much availability. So, if you had to choose, would you have your cabin in the front of the ship or back of the ship? It would be a lower level cabin (since that's what we can afford now). Just wondering which one would be more rocky? I was thinking it would be more rocky in the front.

Any opinions?

In the front you will feel some motion. FWIW I alsways feel way more motion up & front than I do down & front. Personally I like forward cabins - like you I cruise the lower decks usually (no shame in that!) I've never had an aft cabin, figure when I can have my aft balcony wrap - then I'll go to the back of the ship. Just be sure to make note of what's above you.

We have been all over the ships we have sailed on and not had a problem.

Only time is when we had an aft wrap just below lido and heard some scrapping of chairs at night.

Will take that as the aft wrap was awesome.

If worried about rocking stay lower down and as close to the middle as possible.

Both ends go up and down, like a teter toter. Iv felt the motion in both the back and front. I once had those forward cabins that face forward and felt it there for sure, but felt it standing at the aft elevator too. Unless you are all the way forward or aft I wouldnt worry. Chances are you wouldnt hit really big waves.

I find the aft more convenient.

Never been on the Glory -- but I have had forward and aft... And I love the aft cabins... I think the motion is similar. But the lay out of most ships show it's closer to most places being aft... except maybe the big shows...

I have been directly aft, middle, on the second deck of the CONQUEST and not more motion than being up forward...

So get the best price and ENJOY!!!

It does depend on the weather too!!!

I have been all over on the lower floors and it doesn't not make a difference

on where you at.

If the ship large waves are moving front to back then it doesn't matter aft or

forward. But if large waves moved right to left then it will move the same

amount on the ship. Remember you are at sea and waves do not just move

the direction the ship is traveling. So I have found it doesn't really make a

difference on where you are at in the ship.

Both ends go up and down, like a teter toter. Iv felt the motion in both the back and front. I once had those forward cabins that face forward and felt it there for sure, but felt it standing at the aft elevator too. Unless you are all the way forward or aft I wouldnt worry. Chances are you wouldnt hit really big waves.

I find the aft more convenient.

I agree with firefly, which doesn't happen often:D, if the bow goes up the aft goes down unless the ship is broken.

Low down in the midships area will be the least motion is technically correct. But if the ship is in rough waters and a pax goes to the bow up high then to the stern up high, and then low down to midships, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE!!!

I try to get a cabin near where I think I will spend most of my time. Since we like to be by the aft adult pool on spirit class, we get aft cabins. I never noticed feeling much more movement there than anywhere else...

Well, my TA called tonight and I had the opportunity to upgrade to an extended balcony aft.(All the way at the back of the ship) The balcony looked quite a bit bigger so I took it. I am on the 7th deck. Any thoughts?

I have been on the Glory. Nice ship! I love the colors theme. :) Deck 7 is my favorite deck, sandwiched between two cabin decks, so noise is usually not an issue. I have been known to have some trouble (actually a lot :o) with motion sickness, but I have not had any trouble in aft cabins. I don't know if there is any connection to being aft and having no motion sickness.... It could have been coincidence. I think there is more vibration aft than forward or midship. We actually like the vibration! Although some people enjoy the wind that you get on the side balconies, I prefer less wind, which is what you have with aft balconies. I also love watching the wake. It's so peaceful... Plus, you'll most likely dine in the aft dining room, which is very handy to the aft elevators. So Terpsfan1, I'd say you "did good"! Enjoy!! :D

Archived